2012 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews 2

2012 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:
A Few Suggestions
By peterpjb1 on 11/10/12 18:16 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded a 2008 Buick Enclave for my 2012 Toyota Prius. Overall, I agree with the other reviews with one HUGE caution. On the turnpike the road noise is deafening... So much so that having a conversation or listening to the radio, CD, I Pod etc results is a challenge. The Buick was whisper quiet and my Prius V is similar to driving a tin can. Other than the above the car is perfection but the cabin noise is irritating. I sincerely don't know if purchasing a loaded Prius to gain excellent fuel economy was worth giving up the creature comforts of peace and quiet.

Trip To The Grand Canyon From San Anotnio
By yaakov653 on 10/05/12 07:09 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius V Five in April. My son and I drove to the Grand Canyon from San Antonio this summer, in one week we added 2,500 miles to the car odometer. Highway speed limit at places are 85MPH and driving in the park 20MPH. I averaged 42.5 MPG on this trip. By the way I had no trouble driving at 85MPH on IH10 or IH20 in West Texas. The car handled very well and kept up with all the other traffic on the highway.

A great alternative to compact SUV
By umichioe on 09/27/12 12:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought a Prius v Five and it is a great car. We have 2 kids and their stuff to carry. It has the size of a SUV (like CR-V) but the fuel economy beats any SUV by a wide margin. We got 40 mpg in mostly city without any hypermiling. My wife do a lot of city driving, so hybrid is great. I tested both the regular Prius and v. The v is more comfortable to drive too. It is very quiet and has good ride. But you need to expect it to be slow and there will be some adjustment on driving style. In city, the power is fine as the electric motor has power instantly. But you really need to step a lot of gas to merge to busy highway and pass others.

Love this... wagon/suv/car... kind of a mix
By katd529 on 09/26/12 12:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this auto, it handles well, its well designed inside and out. The only thing I don't like are the cloth seats which are being replaced with leather. (This was part of the package we hagled over.) The dealership was wonderful! At any giving time 4 or 5 people would ask if we needed any thing or did we have any questions even after we were working with a sales rep. (Ask for Brian in the sales department at the Round Rock,Tx dealership), this young man has been very attentive to any question we had and if he didn't know the answer he found out. Even on a Sunday when the dealership was closed he returned a text message to answer my question. This was after the sale was done.

better than expected
By zig5 on 09/22/12 09:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

4400 miles since purchased in july-plenty of room for hauling all kinds of junk-50 mpg over all!! would of been happy with the 44mpg estimate but this was a pleasent surprise-driven in the snowshoe resort area of wv-highway driving to oak island nc and around the island so far

MPG much better than ratings
By djlerkl on 08/06/12 08:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought a 3 month old "V" as a used car with 2300 miles on it. Since then we've put 4000 miles on (75% highway, 2-3 people in car). I checked my odometer (ca. 0.5% off) and have been tracking actual fuel purchases throughout. After doing the math, computer is a bit off: shows 50.3 mpg and actual is about 48.9. That's with constant a/c use and in a fairly hilly area (upstate NY). In a flatter area, mpg goes up 5-10%. I'm not a hyper-miler -- just easy on the gas and brake. Acceleration is okay -- a lot better than the older Honda Accord (200K miles) it replaced. Visibility for shorter drivers much better than expected. Low road noise. Very satisfied so far.

A Great Hybrid Wagon
By jeffthezombie on 07/20/12 08:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a Prius V to replace a totaled Ford Escape hybrid. With the Escape hybrid line discontinued, the Prius V was my best choice for a hybrid with cargo room. Comparable in size to a Mazda 5 (but with no third row seat), the Prius V is more like an oversized Matrix than a traditional Prius. It's roomy and comfortable to ride in, but it lacks the power and handling of the old Ford Escape Hybrids. The fuel economy is fantastic for a car this size (I average about 40 mpg) and the whole package exudes a sense of cutting edge technology.

Exceeded Expectations
By springerhills on 06/13/12 07:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Averaging over 50 mpg until last heat wave, dropped to 48.6 mpg, all in Eco Mode. Much quieter than reviews indicated. Due to longer wheelbase and stabilizing system, just as smooth as 2005 Toyota Sequoia. Able to dictate text messages and search web hands free by double clicking on steering wheel button using on I-phone 4G when plugged into Entune. Ample legroom in back seat and long trips are comfortable as the back seats recline. Everything right where you need it, very well designed vehicle. Whole family (especially skeptical husband) LOVES this vehicle. It's like driving a Macbook Pro.

I really Like it
By penguin103 on 06/11/12 07:29 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Not a blast to drive by any means, but who are we kidding? Anyone who buys this vehicle is doing it for reliability, fuel efficiency and functionality. I have had my Prius V for a little over 3 weeks and just filled up for the 2nd time- Very happy I averaged 51.61 mpg, driving to maximize fuel efficiency as much as possible. Makes me feel good to know that if I drove it like I drove any other car, I would still probably easily attain the 42 mpg average on the sticker.

Roomy, slightly under power
By jimmybirdie on 06/06/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I sold my 2008 Prius and bought this. I have the car for three days now. The Prius V is very spacious inside. It just feel more solid, and safer in this car compared the 2008 Prius. A lot of well designed storage for your keys, phone and other gadgets. The ride is also more quiet and less bumpy. It floats a little bit but that is expected. The V groans going up hill but I has expected this with a heavier, and larger profile vehicle and the same regular Prius Engine. I wish they have put in a 2.2 Engine instead of 1.8. I have the package 3 and the Bluetooth, Navigation and Entune are nice to have. I though they could have made the screen slightly larger. For the first 300 miles I got 45mpg.