2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:
EXCELLENT Fuel Mileage
By gregff on 03/15/13 22:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive 55 miles one way to work. 5 days a week. I bought the car Oct 19th 2013 and as of 3/15/13 have over 15000 miles. Most of the driving is up and down hills, none are big but all are long grades. About 10 miles is flat. I am averaging 40-41MPG. Ride is excellent road noise is not a problem. Only Complaint I have is the Rear speakers do not have any volume. Dealer has looked at it and says ALL Prius V have the same issue, no fix.

Love this... wagon/suv/car... kind of a mix
By katd529 on 09/26/12 12:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this auto, it handles well, its well designed inside and out. The only thing I don't like are the cloth seats which are being replaced with leather. (This was part of the package we hagled over.) The dealership was wonderful! At any giving time 4 or 5 people would ask if we needed any thing or did we have any questions even after we were working with a sales rep. (Ask for Brian in the sales department at the Round Rock,Tx dealership), this young man has been very attentive to any question we had and if he didn't know the answer he found out. Even on a Sunday when the dealership was closed he returned a text message to answer my question. This was after the sale was done.

better than expected
By zig5 on 09/22/12 09:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

4400 miles since purchased in july-plenty of room for hauling all kinds of junk-50 mpg over all!! would of been happy with the 44mpg estimate but this was a pleasent surprise-driven in the snowshoe resort area of wv-highway driving to oak island nc and around the island so far

MPG much better than ratings
By djlerkl on 08/06/12 08:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought a 3 month old "V" as a used car with 2300 miles on it. Since then we've put 4000 miles on (75% highway, 2-3 people in car). I checked my odometer (ca. 0.5% off) and have been tracking actual fuel purchases throughout. After doing the math, computer is a bit off: shows 50.3 mpg and actual is about 48.9. That's with constant a/c use and in a fairly hilly area (upstate NY). In a flatter area, mpg goes up 5-10%. I'm not a hyper-miler -- just easy on the gas and brake. Acceleration is okay -- a lot better than the older Honda Accord (200K miles) it replaced. Visibility for shorter drivers much better than expected. Low road noise. Very satisfied so far.

A Great Hybrid Wagon
By jeffthezombie on 07/20/12 08:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a Prius V to replace a totaled Ford Escape hybrid. With the Escape hybrid line discontinued, the Prius V was my best choice for a hybrid with cargo room. Comparable in size to a Mazda 5 (but with no third row seat), the Prius V is more like an oversized Matrix than a traditional Prius. It's roomy and comfortable to ride in, but it lacks the power and handling of the old Ford Escape Hybrids. The fuel economy is fantastic for a car this size (I average about 40 mpg) and the whole package exudes a sense of cutting edge technology.

Exceeded Expectations
By springerhills on 06/13/12 07:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Averaging over 50 mpg until last heat wave, dropped to 48.6 mpg, all in Eco Mode. Much quieter than reviews indicated. Due to longer wheelbase and stabilizing system, just as smooth as 2005 Toyota Sequoia. Able to dictate text messages and search web hands free by double clicking on steering wheel button using on I-phone 4G when plugged into Entune. Ample legroom in back seat and long trips are comfortable as the back seats recline. Everything right where you need it, very well designed vehicle. Whole family (especially skeptical husband) LOVES this vehicle. It's like driving a Macbook Pro.

Roomy, slightly under power
By jimmybirdie on 06/06/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I sold my 2008 Prius and bought this. I have the car for three days now. The Prius V is very spacious inside. It just feel more solid, and safer in this car compared the 2008 Prius. A lot of well designed storage for your keys, phone and other gadgets. The ride is also more quiet and less bumpy. It floats a little bit but that is expected. The V groans going up hill but I has expected this with a heavier, and larger profile vehicle and the same regular Prius Engine. I wish they have put in a 2.2 Engine instead of 1.8. I have the package 3 and the Bluetooth, Navigation and Entune are nice to have. I though they could have made the screen slightly larger. For the first 300 miles I got 45mpg.

Good, not great; I can live with it for next 5 years
By lucky57 on 05/08/12 01:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded a 2006 Prius after 150,000mi. The V , level 3 drives like any Prius. Already gone 8,000 miles. Gets you there but not exciting. Handling safe but uninspired. A 21st century minivan/wagon. Quieter and much more comfortable than my old one. Improved driver seat. Surprising hauling capacity and greatly improved rear visibility. MPG is 44 no matter how driven. The extra length make it harder to park in tight spots. It is almost as long as my other car, a Camry. Feels safer than old Prius, airbags everywhere. The extra size makes a great difference in long drive comfort. Some tech issues with nav/entune. Gas prices need to stay high to justify the price and bland driving experience.

Our Environmental Duty
By pruistom61 on 05/01/12 18:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As soon as I saw the Prius v in the showroom, it peaked my curiosity. Having been the previous owner of a 2005 Prius and the current owner of the 2011 Prius, I knew this model must a be a winner. The test drive proved my feelings correct. The mileage so far is in the 40's and the cabin room and comfort surpassed my expectations. Coming from a Volvo XC70, I didn't realize how much rear leg room we would gain with the v. I have read and viewed most reviews prior to the purchase and went with the three version providing with the GPS feature and am very happy with the purchase. Test one for yourself. Like the slogan says, "Once you get you hands on a Toyota, you'll never let go!"

Love,Love,Love my new Pearly Prius
By jenm1231 on 04/29/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first hybrid. I have always driven the large gas hogs. I now feel free to drive by the gas stations and smile as I do not have to put more then $20 in per week. I bought the three model with the pearl white paint. It is so much fun to drive. The power button is great when you need that quick pick up to get on the highway. t the moment I'm only averaging 38 miles per gallon,not the 42 they claim. I got an amazing deal on mine. Most dealers weren't willing to drop the price but my MSRP was over $28k and I paid only $25498 and got $2500 more for my trade. I'm so happy. People just stare at me when I'm t the gas station. I know it's envy... Can't beat the savings!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon in VA is:

$124 per month*