Used 2012 Toyota Prius v Five Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius-v - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Prius v

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:

Prius V inferior to Prius
By edickinson

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I continue to be very disappointed in the 2012 Toyota Prius V. I purchased a 2012 Prius V and Prius in October of 2012. I find many issues that make the Prius V an aggravation, dangerous and displeasure especially when compared to the Prius model. These are the reasons: 1. The divers seatÂ’s manual adjustments are terrible and can create dangerous situation to adjust while moving, 2. The engine is not adequate for the weight of the vehicle, 3. The electronics and comfort are inferior to the Prius, 4. Wind noise, 5. Gas mileage is not meet expectations and not as good as Prius, 6. The radio has interference with even local stations. I would not recommend this model and will trade it.

Favorite Features

Cabin space

Suggested Improvements

Electronic seat adjustments; Better radio reception; Reduce wind noise; Increase engine to match weight

Best Car I've Owned
By robuckc

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2012 Prius V especially for a cross country trip I took in April-May 2012. After 36 days and 9,200 miles of aggressive driving through deserts, mountains and cities, I averaged 40.2 mpg. In the two years I've owned this car, it has been trouble free. I love the gas mileage and comfort. I am 6' 6" tall and have plenty of head room......even in the back seat! It's roomy and versatile.....I can flatten the back seats and carry Home Improvement supplies, or sleep back there when camping if I choose. It's not as much fun to drive as my previous stick shift, but it is definitely the best car I've owned. I would buy another one, especially if they come out with a plug-in

Favorite Features

Mpg Interior Space - very roomy Great Pickup - easily gets into traffic on the freeway Styling - Streamlined

Suggested Improvements

Offer a Plug-in version Side-view cameras (similar to the one offered on the Honda Odessey)

something not right with this car.
By lchow

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

my car stop showing the EV icon the one with the car icon with the EV inside and the mpg fall down to 35 .anyone have similar problem?

Favorite Features

recline 2nd row and adjustable 2nd row seat for cargo space

Suggested Improvements

i wish it had moon roof not panoramic roof.

Rear End Noise
By rhagedorn

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall I am satisified with the car. My gas mileage, having driven 10,320, is 44.2mpg which is GREAT. The rear storage is more than adequate for a small car. Handles and ride just fine. Our BIGGEST problem we are having, with no fix available at this time, is an increasing high pitch noice coming from rear. The noise has been increasing in loudness and duration as we add mileage. It now is occurring at times when applying breaks. It is more noticeable when it is damp, but has at times made it when dry. I have had it back to dealer 3 times and this last time was informed Toyato is aware but does not have a fix. So if you are considering proceed with cation! Frustrating for sure!

2012 Prius V - GREAT vehicle - GPS terrible
By rickity1

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2012 Prius V is an outstanding vehicle ... lots of cargo space, 50 mpg [CAN gal] [5.2 l/100km] .. great audio system, heated seats - seriously, a GREAT vehicle. So - why would Toyota put such a lame GPS system into such a great vehicle? Seriously - why? I have a $150 Garmin GPS that is twice as good and that I will use over the Prius GPS every time. The interface is awkward; the software usually does not "speak" street names and when it does it mispronounces them; it frequently is unable to find locations or POIs that are there but it cannot discover in its data listings .... Toyota - PLEASE reconsider [replace] the GPS system in this wonderful vehicle. And PLEASE replace mine!

Favorite Features

Everything but GPS system

Suggested Improvements

Fix the GPS system and replace the one in my new [Oct/2012] Prius V - PLEASE!