Used 2012 Toyota Prius v Two Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:

Horrible!
By crazycatlady58

2012 Toyota Prius v Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has gotten stuck in 1 inch of snow this winter, and in Wisconsin that is not a good thing! This car rides horribly also, you feel every bump in the road! My family lives about 40 miles away, and I dread going to see them because I know I will be stiff and sore after the ride there! Another complaint I have about this vehicle is that it is difficult to get a convertible car seat to sit properly in the middle of the back seat while in the rear facing position. It would take forever to get the car seat in just the right spot that it wouldn't tip due to the split between the oddly sized seats in the back. And you can't put a car seat on the side because of the side air bags.

None

Go out of business!

Pleasantly Surprised
By garyb7

2012 Toyota Prius v Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Prius V in December 2012. I wanted 40 mpg and there are few cars in this class. I considered the Ford C Max, but to get a driver's seat with lumbar support, I had to upgrade to the SEL model, while the Prius 2 package has lumbar support. And C Max has not been getting the mileage as advertised. The V rides well and I've been averaging 40mpg so far during winter driving... (Minnesota). The car is very comfortable and feels very similar to my old Pontiac Vibe. The seats are very comfortable and the interior is much roomier than the Prius liftback, especially in the front. My only complaint is the car is a bit slow. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

A review from Quebec...
By sergag

2012 Toyota Prius v Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First I apologize abouut my bad english. I have the basic canadian version, slightly different from your's. Already drove 4000 km (2500m.) with it, mostly on highway. Average mileage, cold temperature: 52.3miles/Imp. gallon (160oz.). Best mileage: 72.4 miles/imp. gallon (on 20 miles) Best electric autonomy: 3.4 km. (2.1miles). Better than what figure in owner manual.

Overall, that's the best car I had. Great fuel economy, good handling, a lot of equipment, very comfortable and large cargo space. It's funny to drive, trying to gett the best from the gas tank all the time.

Engine is noisy when U climb a hill, could be improved. Like all Toyota, it's affected by lateral winds. For our cold climate, Toyota should add a warm reserve, as the engine start only to warm up or warm the car. I would rather pay more and get a bigger battery. This model is ready for 7 seats version. Cargo space couls be improved on 5 seats version. Computer's averages (on tank, trips, etc.) not accurate. Only makes an average of many readings. Back up camerand audio system are so so.