This car is a utility
By mingomatic on
2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in Advanced 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I love this car for many reasons. It just makes logical sense. It's reliable, it doesn't depreciate that much, it's safe, and no one steals this car because hybrids and electric car parts are in low demand and hard to interchange with other cars. In terms of electric features, I don't use it nearly as much as I should because I don't have a charger at home and as much as SoCal supports electric vehicles, I still don't have many use cases where I'm charging in public. I've owned a BMW in the past and I have to say, it's nowhere near as luxurious, but at the same time, I don't have to worry about it breaking down or having a costly repair.
Favorite Features
I have the Advanced model which gives you the ability to see your charge on your iPhone app or start your climate in your car remotely from your car. You can also locate your car using the app which is pretty cool. I also have heads up display which seems redundant since the speedometer is in the center of the dash pretty close to it. However, the other day, I turned off HUD, and I found myself wanting to turn it on again. Aside from that, it comes with most of the features of another Prius such as detailed info and your standard amenities which is pretty useful. For the most part, it's pretty ergonomic and designed to be pretty useful.
Suggested Improvements
It would be nice if it came with a sunroof or some other options of other Prii, that would be nice. I know the Plug-In is trying to economize even more so the weight is important to get down the MPG, but it leaves it a little short on some options I wish it had.