5 of 7 people found this review helpful
Holy crap! 646 miles on a full tank of gas :-)
By tollywood on
2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
... and it takes only 8.3 gallons of regular gas to fill the tank.
Moving from a 2004 highlander (I know, not a comparable vehicle), it already saved me 30 gallons of gas in just 15 days of ownership. Leased for $310 a month, it has already paid itself 40% of its monthly payment.
Looks sub-compact from outside, but not bad on the space inside. Comfortably sits 4 adults .
Feels heavy like an european import (loaded batteries under the trunk).
So-so pickup from complete stop, (11 seconds for 0-60 mph), but for $200+/mth savings on the gas, I will take it.
Please note: My office is only 9 miles each way and I've religiously charged every night for 15 days.MPG not guaranteed
1. Fuel consumption
2. Loaded features on the base model. (GPS, Bluetooth, Entune, USB, Aux In, rear-view camera...)
4. Display of real time energy usage
5. Button start
6. Miniature sized shift
1. Rear view is a big minus of this car. I am kind of used after 15 days, but it is still unacceptable.
2. Steering wheel buttons are too hard on the fingers. (Sorry, but Apple and Samsung have spoled us)
3. I can't use seat warmers. There are no leather seats in there. I could instead use power seating.
4. Please re-design the driver console. I don't need controls to wrap around me, I could instead use extra
leg / hip room.
5. For first few days, it used to show a 13.1 miles range on full charge. Within few days it has dropped to 12.4 miles consistent. Has the battery already lost some capacity?