2015 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Prius c Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

Great Tiny Car
By Dimitrij Fedorov

2015 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a Prius C because I needed a cheap, reliable hatchback to use for work. Since then, I have discovered a lot of additional benefits, such as better-than-advertised fuel economy, very clever traction/braking control, quiet and comfortable ride (for a tiny vehicle) and great instrumentation. The amount of space in the rear seat area is almost obscene.

this is the one you have been waiting for
By philip schwartz

2015 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great deal now

Judge Me By My Size, Do You?
By Joshua

I'm a 20-something college graduate who works in the film industry and drives across the country regularly. My priorities are functionality and pragmatism.

My 2014 Prius C (lovingly appended "-3P0") was the first *new* car I ever bought, and in the 12 months I owned it I had put 45,000 miles on it driving from Albuquerque to Los Angeles, Seattle to Oklahoma City, and more. It's not a luxurious cruise, but I always felt safe, and the vehicle consistently performed as expected (a massive boon to the long drives is the flawlessly integrated bluetooth system). If you take care of this car as instructed, and I don't mean hand-polishing your paint job once a week, but simply driving smart and providing regular maintenance, it'll work very hard for you.

Let's talk about size for a moment. Inside, the fold-down seats provide you with substantial storage space for a vehicle in the class. Transporting grip equipment like tripods and steadicams, is generally no problem as long as you organize your cases appropriately. And as for my *favorite* aspect of this car, PARKING, I am simply smitten with the profile of this vehicle. Maybe its because I'm a European living in the states, but I can't imagine driving a car larger than this and still being able to find parking in downtown LA--or almost anywhere in LA--on short notice during any given day.

Now for some exaggerated criticism. I've had friends tell me that driving this car is not unlike riding a large turtle (I for one happen to respect the longest-living mammal on this planet). Merging onto the highway? Either slam on that gas pedal and listen to your engine scream as the acceleration meter runs red, or stay in the green and ignore the scowls of zooming passerby's blaring their horns. This isn't a threat. More of a warning.

At the end of the day, I loved my little C-3P0 and don't for one second regret choosing him over the Yaris, Fiesta, Sonic, or Dart. But as it looks like I'll be driving a lot less in the days to come, I decided to trade him in for a fresh start, and after perusing all the new 2016 models of the aforementioned selections for which I am obviously a target consumer (including a very frisky crimson Scion iA whispering my name) I drove off the dealership with another Prius C. I have no regrets (I mean, just look at that gorgeous front bumper).

Now I just have to find a good name...

Excellent Commuter Vehicle
By Brian Mescher

I drive 80 miles a day, including city streets, freeways, and mountain roads.

The car has trouble going faster than 80 mph, but I don't really want to be driving any faster than that (I have a lead foot/self-control issue).

Belts? What Belts?
By Joe Bentley

Gettin older and I needed a car with value and the least maintenance short of an EV while maintaining my 2 teen's NON hybrid older vehicles. This is it. Bought it because of the best CVT in the business and the expected reliability. I've not been disappointed. After 3 years the only thing I have done is changed the oil at 10K intervals the cvt fluid and plugs at 100K. Shocks and struts are next. The plugs were still in good shape but recommend dealer because it is not easy for most people. I know we will get 300K and beyond out of this vehicle on the original batteries alone. Mileage has only slipped 1 mpg in 3 years which is normal for any vehicle with this mileage already. My new Altima has already had problems and been in the shop twice for premature rust. Yup new car. Will likely never buy another Nissan as their CVT still has issues. Can't wait to get the larger prius hatchback after the kids leave the nest. There is a reason these cars are preferred by Taxi companies. Less maintenance, best value currently. These cars are the best bridge until EV's can go 200+ miles per charge and are cost competitive.