2014 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Prius-c - Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Prius c

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

MPG heavily dependent on velocity
By skh3

2014 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius C a couple years ago. It is a generally well-built car, but it is pretty slow to accelerate and is rather loud when the accelerator is pressed. Perhaps most importantly, it MPG is heavily dependent on the speed at which you travel. I mainly drive on the highway and if I drive 75-80 mph, I noticed that I only averaged about 40 mpg whereas if I drove 55-60 mph, I seem to have gotten over 50 mph. I don't know how the reviewer on this site stated that he is getting 64 mpg. He must be driving REALLY conservatively on the hwy.

Favorite Features

Toyota reliability. Excellent fuel economy when driven very conservatively.

Suggested Improvements

More power. Quieter engine. Better MPG at higher speeds. Better outward styling.

Far better then I thought.
By joecar5

2014 Toyota Prius c Three 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got the Pricus C 3 for 1 reason, the advertised MPG. I have an 80 mile round trip commute that consist of 85% highway driving and was tired of filling my SUV up every 3 days for $55+ each time. I now average 64MPG each way and fill up every 6 days for $25. I'm totally blowed away with the amount of money I'm saving. There are loads of YouTube videos that show how to drive a Prius, I highly recommend them if you do buy a Prius. As for the car itself I find the seats to be very comfortable, the build materials are fine after all it is an inexpensive car. The 3 level has some cool features like push button start, doors unlock when they detect the key, and touch screen with navigation.

Favorite Features

Entunes, push butt start, low center of gravity.

Suggested Improvements

The touche screen can be hard to see at certain times of the day.

new PRIUS C owner
By mcomparini

2014 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased my prius c today after careful research. Decided on it because of efficiency,mpg,comfort and overall handling. I am looking forward to know my gas savings will be in the future. Satisfied with price for the product. It's not luxurious but very practical.

Favorite Features

good driving experience. MPG and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Price to come down

To the Moon with my Prius C
By matt_adams

2014 Toyota Prius c Three 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First a disclaimer, this is my first hybrid and my fourth Toyota. Secondly, this is a sub-compact, economy, hybrid. So comments about lack of room and poor acceleration are a little silly. If you want a luxury or sports car, buy a luxury or sports car! I absolutely love this car. I considered the Prius lift back, but am so glad I got the Prius C Three. The cargo storage is limited, but with the fold down seat it's adequate for my needs. The interior is not plush, but it's very nice and comfortable. I love the look of it all! The Prius C is extremely easy to park. The turning radius is super short. The radio and navigation system are awesome. I average 55+ MPG!

Favorite Features

Easy to park smooth acceleration fun to drive keyless entry and ignition push button start short turning radius amazing gas mileage fits well in my garage great legroom front and back comfortable seats driver access and comfort are very good looks great

Suggested Improvements

I'd eliminate the CD player, bluetooth makes it seem unnecessary. There is foam packing under the storage area and around the spare tire. I suppose it's there for some reason, but could this space be accessed for storage? My iPhone fits in the console to use Entune you have to connect by USB to the dashboard. I'd prefer that the USB port for the iPhone were in the console between the front seats and not next to the glove box in the dashboard.