2013 Toyota Prius c Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:
Great economy car
By jptuck1962 on 04/14/14 19:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Picked this up as a lease - save more each month in gas than the payment is vs the Rav 4 I drove before. With snow tires had no problems this winter. Surprisingly agile it's fun to drive and the sound system beat the Alpine I had in the Rav. If the Leaf could actually do over 100 miles or the Tesla was only say 40k then something to consider. Until then the Prius C is very hard to beat.

It is what it is
By mgoods24 on 02/20/14 09:36 AM (PST)

I have owned my PC2 for 6 months now and have put just over 7k on it. I purchased it to be my commuter vehicle. I wanted something simple, reliable, and efficient. The PC is all of that. My wife and I took it on a 1500 mile road trip and found it more than comfortable enough for two people and gear. The only disappointments I have with it are some rattles coming from inside the dash and I have not achieved the fuel economy numbers others have mentioned. Averaging 44-45 over the life of the car. This is a small complaint since very few vehicles can get that on their best day. *Note to residents of colder climates. I notice about a 10% drop in fuel economy under 40 degrees F.

A Hybrid Accessible to Everyone
By lmj009 on 11/02/13 20:26 PM (PDT)

Thanks to some great deals, I managed to get a new 2013 Prius C Two for $17k, which was comparable to the non-hybrids I was looking for and came with many more features. The Two has all features I could ask for. There is obviously some initial adjustment if you've never driven a hybrid, but the fuel economy is as promised. There were complaints about lack of power but I drove a V6 before and had no problem adjusting. The car is a lot roomier than it appears, particularly the backseat. Headroom is great, and the trunk space is good as well. Of all the cheaper hybrids, this had the best features and room, and with a good deal it can cost you less than many non-hybrids.

Prius C One - The ultimate Econo-box
By tk1971 on 09/18/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius c Hatchback One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Most people see the C as a downgraded Prius. I see it as the ultimate Econo-box. Even in the basic trim (One) this car has built in bluetooth, turn signal indicators on the side mirrors, mp3/usb, a digital speedometer, and that 4" color screen chock full of information. Best part? 49-50mpg with A/C blasting in the summer and the heater blasting in the winter while driving it like a regular car (from stop & go to FWY speeds). Feels about the same as my previous car, a manual transmission Yaris Hatchback with a way more modern / techy feel and design. Price-wise, the cheapest C is comparable to the highest trims of the Yaris or Fit. Looking @ newspapers, I've seen the One advertised for ~$17k.

6,693 of 6,694 people found this review helpful
All that I could want
By sjg4 on 06/02/13 20:55 PM (PDT)

I love my C! It is nimble, well-made, and fun to drive. Plus, unlike so many other hybrids, the mileage is no hype. I average 50 mpg and I've owned my car for about 4 months now. You go so long between fill ups that you almost forget about getting gas. Regarding the comments about acceleration, it's no Ferrari, but I've found it to be fine on on ramps and here in Philly that's no joke. Also, many of the comparable hybrids sacrificed reliability. I don't think I should have to choose between great mileage and being stuck by the side of the road. I picked the C, and am very happy with the choice.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Prius c Hatchback in NJ is:

$241 per month*