Used 2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Prius c - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

A great little car!
By Paul Caskey

2013 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

People shy away from the Prius C because they like the bigger, normal Prius better. But you save almost $10k on the C brand new! It really does get 48-50 mpg combined street/highway driving, for us. It has great acceleration for such awesome gas mileage. The engine doesn't whine and scream like many cars in its class. This car is a joy to drive. It has the reliability you would expect from a Toyota (awesome!). And it holds more than we'd expect, both in passengers and cargo. Our only disappointment so far is the low resale value after just a few years. We'll just keep it, gladly.

A Fun Little Car
By megphd

2013 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was a Prius sedan owner for 10+ years and was waiting for an AWD version (still waiting). A few nonessential systems started to fail that would have been $1500+ to replace, and there was this adorable little C on the lot with 19,000 miles on it. The interior feels a little plasticky compared to the full-size, but it has a better sound system and a fun, sporty ride. I'd compare it to that of a Mini Cooper: low-riding, road-hugging, but getting an average of 49mpg with a fair amount of highway driving. The price was great and I like the car more every day.

Sound system, bluetooth, a/c, fuel economy

Higher-quality materials for the dash and steering wheel, maybe a little more pickup at acceleration (but it's really not bad).

love it
By jummy

2013 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had it for 3 days, but I'm in love with it because of the gas mileage. This is my first hybrid, and I'm kicking myself for not getting one sooner. I drive about 120 miles a day, and I've been averaging close to 60 MPG local, and have been right at 50 MPG highway. These are the mileage numbers from the onboard display; I'll check them when I fill the tank, but if they're anywhere close I'll be saving about $100 / month in gas compared to my current car. The Prius C cost about $1500 more than the Honda Civic I was considering, so I'll break even on price in about a year and a half; sooner if gas prices go up. As a plus I get to drive in the HOV lane on the NJ Turnpike.

I was happy that such a basic car has cruise control, blue tooth (phone and stereo) and controls for everything on the steering wheel. The ride is fine, and I haven't noticed wind noise on the highway.

Great economy car
By jptuck1962

2013 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Picked this up as a lease - save more each month in gas than the payment is vs the Rav 4 I drove before. With snow tires had no problems this winter. Surprisingly agile it's fun to drive and the sound system beat the Alpine I had in the Rav. If the Leaf could actually do over 100 miles or the Tesla was only say 40k then something to consider. Until then the Prius C is very hard to beat.

Love the displays - seeing that 60mpg as I skip around town. The 99mpg when using just the battery is fun to watch as well. Stereo (6 speaker) is a real treat. Nice sound, full bass yet not too deep or muddy. Micro usb drive makes mp3 play all too easy. Just wish there was an easy sat radio module to add for XM etc.

I'm 6'3" so a little more room in the driver's seat would be good.

It is what it is
By mgoods24

2013 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned my PC2 for 6 months now and have put just over 7k on it. I purchased it to be my commuter vehicle. I wanted something simple, reliable, and efficient. The PC is all of that. My wife and I took it on a 1500 mile road trip and found it more than comfortable enough for two people and gear. The only disappointments I have with it are some rattles coming from inside the dash and I have not achieved the fuel economy numbers others have mentioned. Averaging 44-45 over the life of the car. This is a small complaint since very few vehicles can get that on their best day. *Note to residents of colder climates. I notice about a 10% drop in fuel economy under 40 degrees F.

All the standard features, dash layout, seat comfort, best looking small hybrid

Center armrest, build quality, more storage

• SUV