Worth the money and more......
By casciari4 on
2012 Toyota Prius c Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I waited 11 and a half weeks for my Prius C Model 4. It was worth the wait and now i know why Japan is not exporting and there is such a demand inside the country. The mileage is unbelievable. Forget the 46/53 as advertised. On the highway I get between high 50's MPG and low 70's MPG. If it's bumper to bumper I get 70"s MPG. In city traffic I have gottem 99.9 MPG and it may be more but the reading only goes up to 99.9 MPG.
Favorite Features
The mileage, the looks, the navigation.
Suggested Improvements
Verizon Wireless is not a part of Entune. Please have Verizon included. Have the MPG reading go beyond 99.9 MPG.
By priuscowner
on 07/20/12 17:03 PM (PDT)

I have owned my Prius C for 3 1/2 months and have put about 3000 miles on it. It is the base model in Canada, which is more or less the same as the Prius c2 in the U.S. I purchased the car bcause I do about 90% city 10% highway driving and wanted a car which was efficient in the city and easy to park and manoeuvre. I am very impressed with the car, particularly with its efficiency and low noise levels (unless driven aggressively). It takes a bit of experimenting to figure out the best way to drive it (Toyota should give more tips in the owners manual), but I have now reached the point where I always get between 63 and 73mpg (US gallons) in city trips of more than about 10 miles in length. My overall average over the last 2000 miles is lower, 57.5mpg, because my average trip length is only 4-5 miles. Many other owners are getting similar mileage, as can be seen from the postings on fuelly.com. The Prius C acceleration is on par with other subcompacts with automatic transmissions and is more than enough for practical purposes. Given that the car scored very well in the IIHS crash tests (IIHS top safey pick), is the most efficient car you can buy anywhere for city use, and is very affordable, I would recommend it to anybody.