Now I get it...
By dr1105 on
2012 Toyota Prius c Three 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Every Prius owner I spoke to while doing car research loves their Prius. After 2000 miles with mine, I get it. If you want great gas mileage, easy park-ability, great tech features--this car is it. Along with Prius c, I was considering the Hyundai Veloster, Subaru Impreza, Mazda3. I drove each car multiple times (car sales people love me). The Prius c 3 had all the features I required: Bluetooth, Navigation, Keyless entry. I need to transport my 10 year old, drive all over LA and I wanted 35+ mpg. The Mazda3's interior was boring, and adding my required features to Veloster and Impreza pushed both out of my price range. Plus, the owner reviews showed few people achieve the advertised mpg.
Favorite Features
1) Bluetooth--works perfectly and sounds great. 2) Keyless entry--love it. Wish I had it for my house. 3) Seats--drove to Vegas (5 hours) and my friend and I were incredibly comfortable. Great design. 4) Handling--parallel parking is cake. 5) Design--more edgy and zippy in it's design than the Yaris. My neighbor across the street has one. Boring. 6) Touch screen--love seeing the Eco Score, when the EV kicks in, comparing it to our gas-guzzling SUV. 7) Hatchback--easy to close, well designed. I can do a smallish costco run without needing to drop a seat. 8) The gas mileage!!! I am lead-footed and I easily average 50 mpg., sometimes insanely better. Got home from work yesterday: 66mpg!
Suggested Improvements
Lots of storage space but only one with a lid. Armrest on drivers seat would be great. My kid would like 2 cupholders in back, instead of one.