Great Commuter Car
By krebscycle on
2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Between a Prius C and a MINI, I ended up choosing the Prius, mainly because of the fuel economy, reliability, and cost. My other commuter car is a 1990 Honda Civic DX, also a small hatchbach, and my second commuter car for the household. Surprisingly, the Prius C engine is much louder when driving on the freeway in comparison to my 1990 Honda! You can tell the engine is working hard on the Prius to speed up, but you can still pass cars easily on the freeway if needed. The interior is spacious, and there is a nearly-hidden cup holder on the plastic compartment thing on the passenger door! I've never driven with a back-up cam and have no problems with the Prius C.
Favorite Features
In comparison to the Ford Fiesta and Focus, the seats on the Prius C are heavenly! The ceiling of the interior cabin is comfortable for someone 6' tall. Beneath the armrest is a compartment, but if you look at the bottom of it, you'll see a notch to open up an even smaller compartment where you can stash something. The valet key is also nice because it prevents them from being able to open up the dashboard storage. Definitely read the manual cover to cover to get the best use out of all the little hidden features. Windshield wipers on the back window is also a huge plus. I don't bottom out over speed bumps and the tires are good on bumpy/potholed streets.
Suggested Improvements
I wish there was an option for heated seats on all models and not just the Prius C model 4. I don't want all the fancy stuff on the 4 except the heated seats because it is cold in the mornings in Seattle 9 months out of the year. Maybe I missed it in the manual, but having a simple default screen displaying the outside temperature and the direction (N, W, S, E) you are driving would be nice.
By ocjones
on 10/24/12 23:20 PM (PDT)

I don't seat bun warmers I need bun coolers.