Better than expected
By oddsandends on
2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
At six foot four, I expected to be ridiculously cramped. At 1.5 liters, I expected it to be ridiculously slow. Neither are true. I don't have an excess of room, but there's enough. It doesn't have an excess of acceleration, but it's enough. I just manage my drive carefully and am rewarded with 60+ mpg on my morning commute. I also own a BMW 740i that I bought used for 1/3 of what I paid for the Prius C. When I need to go fast, I take it out. Otherwise, I am very pleased with my little gas-sipper. Build quality is good, ride is quiet, and there is room for groceries. I'd buy it again tomorrow.
Favorite Features
Crazy mileage. Fairly quiet ride (except for road noise). Seats are very comfy. Climate control is excellent. Bluetooth works great. Looks pretty good in the magnetic grey metallic. Seems well-thought out and quality is high so far.
Suggested Improvements
Less road noise.
By archaeo
on 09/22/12 16:23 PM (PDT)

Driver's of my car are 6'2' and 5'10", no problem, lots of room and can get two 6 footers in the back as well.

By oddsandends
on 02/01/13 09:04 AM (PST)

Update: Have had the car 7 months. I drive it much more than the BMW. It's more comfortable and the mileage is fantastic when it's warm out. When it's cold, the car has to run the engine a lot to stay warm for the heater/defroster. When I drive for fun, I take the BMW. When I drive to get somewhere, I always take the Prius. Different needs. Both are excellent cars. If I had to get rid of one? I'd keep the Prius. No question. If I was buying again? I'd look at the Ford C-Max. But my Prius' quality has been perfect. Not one issue.