Used 2012 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius c - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:
Prius c Two
By fray1 on 06/06/12 06:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Recently purchased a Two and am extremely satisfied. Though it does not provide the quietest, nor smoothest, ride, I bought it for the gas mileage, and am not disappointed. I drive approximately 75% highway, and am currently getting about 50-52 mpg combined. Debated between a used Prius, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Accent, and Kia Rio hatch, and a new c, and am happy with our choice.

Insane MPG
By jay206 on 04/06/12 21:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After patiently waiting a few weeks for a Prius C One (base) to arrive at a local dealer here in RI, a black metallic one came into Tarbox Toyota. I traded in my 08 with 87,000 on it that I have only owned for about a month. I liked it so much I thought a new one for a few thousand more made a lot of sense. Well Toyota really hit it out of the park with this car. My Aunt bought one two weeks before me and she has been telling me her mpg and I honestly didn't believe her. Well I am getting much better mpg than she was. I mean over 75 mpg city and over 60 overall, while my 08 was getting just over 50. I am still pinching myself. Other than the insane mpg, the car is very styish and tight.

Great little car
By main1462 on 04/03/12 20:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a red Prius C Two a week ago, and it's as good as advertised. I live in a small town, so most of my trips are no more than 4 miles one way. I'm averaging 57 mpg right now. I owned a Prius sedan before this, and the Prius C hybrid system seems to warm up faster, which translates to better mileage on shorter trips. The ride is smooth. It really is a fun car to drive. I'm very happy with this car so far.

My First Hybrid
By marambula on 03/26/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius c Three 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just put 500 miles on my Prius C Three. I traded my 2010 Toyota Matrix for it. I'm glad to report I'm getting exact EPA mileage, and then some. No regrets! This subcompact is not for racing. You want to race get something else. I have no problems merging in freeway traffic and its size and excellent steering allow me to maneuver in city traffic easily. The seats offer plenty of support and adjust in enough positions to allow me to drive comfortably. The AC cools the interior quickly and I live in South Texas where the daytime temperature is already at 90 degrees. This model is very well equipped for the price. This is an excellent little car that does everything its supposed to do well.