Used 2012 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius c - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

This car will kill oil dependancy!
By yochivazooo

2012 Toyota Prius c Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Saving me $200 a month in gasoline. 53mpg avg. Stereo sounds incredible on Prious C (4) Confortable seats and I am 5.11, rear confortable for 2 full side adults, 5 tight for the center. Only complaint, no rear camera on level 3 & 4. GPS could be better. If you want to save money this car is for you, dont expect power or luxury ride. I'll use my CR-V for long trips. Can't go wrong for commuter.

Stereo, computer fuel estimates, fun to drive, USB connector, voice command, FUEL ECONOMY!!!! auto climate control.

Include rear camera on 3&4 models. Integrate traffic on GPS. rear visibility could be better. More batteries on future models to increase EV range to 15mpg would make this an incredible car.

Now I get it...
By dr1105

2012 Toyota Prius c Three 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Every Prius owner I spoke to while doing car research loves their Prius. After 2000 miles with mine, I get it. If you want great gas mileage, easy park-ability, great tech features--this car is it. Along with Prius c, I was considering the Hyundai Veloster, Subaru Impreza, Mazda3. I drove each car multiple times (car sales people love me). The Prius c 3 had all the features I required: Bluetooth, Navigation, Keyless entry. I need to transport my 10 year old, drive all over LA and I wanted 35+ mpg. The Mazda3's interior was boring, and adding my required features to Veloster and Impreza pushed both out of my price range. Plus, the owner reviews showed few people achieve the advertised mpg.

1) Bluetooth--works perfectly and sounds great. 2) Keyless entry--love it. Wish I had it for my house. 3) Seats--drove to Vegas (5 hours) and my friend and I were incredibly comfortable. Great design. 4) Handling--parallel parking is cake. 5) Design--more edgy and zippy in it's design than the Yaris. My neighbor across the street has one. Boring. 6) Touch screen--love seeing the Eco Score, when the EV kicks in, comparing it to our gas-guzzling SUV. 7) Hatchback--easy to close, well designed. I can do a smallish costco run without needing to drop a seat. 8) The gas mileage!!! I am lead-footed and I easily average 50 mpg., sometimes insanely better. Got home from work yesterday: 66mpg!

Lots of storage space but only one with a lid. Armrest on drivers seat would be great. My kid would like 2 cupholders in back, instead of one.

'Nother sub-par car.
By prodigit

2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Probably the WORST car I've ever driven, and not worth the $10k compared to the Yaris! The Yaris is both faster, snappier, and costs way less. Calculated, you'd have to drive the Prius C 20 years over 10K miles, to gain back your money on gasoline (@$4/GAL), add a mandatory $4000 battery change every 8 years, and you'll never get out of the cost! Don't buy!

Short turn circle, fuel efficient, regenerative braking, digital display, car diagnostics on the display, silent car,

Ridiculously overpriced, small trunk space, expensive parts in the motor, ridiculous slow acceleration (even in performance mode, and forget eco mode; at full throttle, it accelerates just a tiny bit above average acceleration with a normal car), can't even begin to imagine about it's performance on the highway, hard suspension, hard seats, cheap interior, cheap looks inside, bland flavorless/designless interior (aka dashboard toyota corolla-like), 25MPH max speed for battery-driving (most rural areas require 30-35MPH, so aside from driving in a parking lot, it doesn't make any sense to drive so slow); So yesteryear design (toyota did not improve looks like all the other brands did).

Bonnie Blue Great Car
By archaeo

2012 Toyota Prius c Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the Prius C. Our first hybrid and it is a blast! Great mileage averaging 48.8 city and 51.6 freeway. This little car is sporty, great on gas and lots of fun to drive. Eco mode works well to get those miles up and when you want to get on the freeway at 70 mph just take it out of eco and press down on the pedal. The new technology is fun, voice activated phone calls through bluetooth, and iphone wireless tech allows you to listen to your tunes. Two year maintenance is provided free with purchase, touch door handle to open and lock. Plenty of room and comfortable seats (love the softex); room in back for 6 footers. Exterior/interior are sporty; test drive this one before you buy!

Mileage is fabulous, no other vehicle is getting true miles (downhill slopes for a few miles will give you 80 plus mpg, ev offers electric motor during lower speeds and while sitting at drive throughs, banks, etc. Exterior shape is sporty and comes in fun colors, softex seats feel soft against the skin and are not leather but a eco-friendly material, satellite radio is free for three months, wireless iphone music, just set the iphone in the compartment next to the radio and don't plug in, iphone transfer all your phone numbers to the bluetooth, voice activated phone, moonroof, lots of interior space, fun to drive and go anywhere without worrying about spending too much gas money! Love it!

Adding a solar panel to the sunroof to recharge battery and run fan to vent car during summer would be a great asset. The entune navagation system needs some tweeking to adapt to use with iphone (get some Apple people to write your software Toyota).

Fun to drive our Prius C
By satx2

2012 Toyota Prius c Three 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have about 4000 (most city) miles on our Prius C and really enjoy it so far. It has adequate power to get onto the expressway and behaves well at 75 mph. What we like most is that this car is fun to drive. I don't try to baby it to get maximum mileage, but it still gets 42-44 mpg overall. We're still getting used to all the electronics, but are enjoying the Bluetooth feature and satellite radio. If you can live with a little less power and comfort, the Prius C is a really good buy.

Good ergonomics Good mileage Nice exterior design

A little more trunk space