2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:
Now I get it...
By dr1105 on 09/26/12 12:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Three 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Every Prius owner I spoke to while doing car research loves their Prius. After 2000 miles with mine, I get it. If you want great gas mileage, easy park-ability, great tech features--this car is it. Along with Prius c, I was considering the Hyundai Veloster, Subaru Impreza, Mazda3. I drove each car multiple times (car sales people love me). The Prius c 3 had all the features I required: Bluetooth, Navigation, Keyless entry. I need to transport my 10 year old, drive all over LA and I wanted 35+ mpg. The Mazda3's interior was boring, and adding my required features to Veloster and Impreza pushed both out of my price range. Plus, the owner reviews showed few people achieve the advertised mpg.

'Nother sub-par car.
By prodigit on 09/24/12 20:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Probably the WORST car I've ever driven, and not worth the $10k compared to the Yaris! The Yaris is both faster, snappier, and costs way less. Calculated, you'd have to drive the Prius C 20 years over 10K miles, to gain back your money on gasoline (@$4/GAL), add a mandatory $4000 battery change every 8 years, and you'll never get out of the cost! Don't buy!

Bonnie Blue Great Car
By archaeo on 09/22/12 16:11 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the Prius C. Our first hybrid and it is a blast! Great mileage averaging 48.8 city and 51.6 freeway. This little car is sporty, great on gas and lots of fun to drive. Eco mode works well to get those miles up and when you want to get on the freeway at 70 mph just take it out of eco and press down on the pedal. The new technology is fun, voice activated phone calls through bluetooth, and iphone wireless tech allows you to listen to your tunes. Two year maintenance is provided free with purchase, touch door handle to open and lock. Plenty of room and comfortable seats (love the softex); room in back for 6 footers. Exterior/interior are sporty; test drive this one before you buy!

Fun to drive our Prius C
By satx2 on 09/14/12 22:13 PM (PDT)

We have about 4000 (most city) miles on our Prius C and really enjoy it so far. It has adequate power to get onto the expressway and behaves well at 75 mph. What we like most is that this car is fun to drive. I don't try to baby it to get maximum mileage, but it still gets 42-44 mpg overall. We're still getting used to all the electronics, but are enjoying the Bluetooth feature and satellite radio. If you can live with a little less power and comfort, the Prius C is a really good buy.

Worth the money and more......
By casciari4 on 07/19/12 04:12 AM (PDT)

I waited 11 and a half weeks for my Prius C Model 4. It was worth the wait and now i know why Japan is not exporting and there is such a demand inside the country. The mileage is unbelievable. Forget the 46/53 as advertised. On the highway I get between high 50's MPG and low 70's MPG. If it's bumper to bumper I get 70"s MPG. In city traffic I have gottem 99.9 MPG and it may be more but the reading only goes up to 99.9 MPG.

I hate this car more than anything.
By lspeed1983 on 07/03/12 19:11 PM (PDT)

My fiance just bought this car a few months ago and claims to love it. Despite this she still always finds a reason to take my 2012 Golf TDI rather than her Pruis C. Way to often I get stuck with her loud, annoying, joyless, unrefined, hopelessly slow, dork box of a car. I'm a car guy not a Prius guy, so I don't and never will understand.

Better than expected
By oddsandends on 06/19/12 13:07 PM (PDT)

At six foot four, I expected to be ridiculously cramped. At 1.5 liters, I expected it to be ridiculously slow. Neither are true. I don't have an excess of room, but there's enough. It doesn't have an excess of acceleration, but it's enough. I just manage my drive carefully and am rewarded with 60+ mpg on my morning commute. I also own a BMW 740i that I bought used for 1/3 of what I paid for the Prius C. When I need to go fast, I take it out. Otherwise, I am very pleased with my little gas-sipper. Build quality is good, ride is quiet, and there is room for groceries. I'd buy it again tomorrow.

I disagree with the haters...totally!
By rachellenh on 06/16/12 14:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought one today after doing research and driving one overnight. I have looked at and test driven many cars in the past month and this was my top pick. I am a small person-so the cabin space doesn't affect me. As for pick up-these cars get up and go better than my old PT cruiser did. I didn't notice any noise but I also blast my radio LOL Overall-this is an excellent price for the awesome mpg this car puts out-which mine has been getting about 51 mpg and that's with the air on and my driving. My bottom line-Don't believe everything you read-drive it for yourself and see.

GOING HYBRID
By choferon54 on 06/11/12 18:06 PM (PDT)

Purchased this vehicle after doing homework on it for almost a month.I kept looking for positives reviews but all I found was the negatives,most were resentful of the fact that this is a Gas saving machine and doesn't have the muscle of a V8 or V6. One Friday afternoon, I was going home traveling North on the 5 FWY merging onto the 14 to Palmdale when on my left side observed a white Prius C speeding his way on the carpool lane going baldly about 80 miles per hour and said to myself all those comments about how fast these cars move on the FWY were just opinions not based on facts.That very same weekend went for mine and I am satisfied with the deal I got from Hamer Toyota at Mission Hills.

Prius c Two
By fray1 on 06/06/12 06:40 AM (PDT)

Recently purchased a Two and am extremely satisfied. Though it does not provide the quietest, nor smoothest, ride, I bought it for the gas mileage, and am not disappointed. I drive approximately 75% highway, and am currently getting about 50-52 mpg combined. Debated between a used Prius, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Accent, and Kia Rio hatch, and a new c, and am happy with our choice.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback in VA is:

$131 per month*