2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:
Answer to MPG dream
By pablo50 on 02/09/13 12:45 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This review will be only for someone looking for excellent MPG! I drive 1,350 miles a week. 5,400 miles a month. (Every month - IC Courier). I've had the car for 6 months, 22 days. It has consistantly averaged 51.3 mpg. ECO Mode gives you the best results in city. Regular mode (not ECO) gives best results on freeway. My best has been 59.1 in city driving, 47.8 on freeway. I owned a 2011 Corolla before this and at best only averaged 30 mpg. I drive 50% city, 50% freeway. I am saving $311.00 per month. Compared to the Corolla. Wish I would have bought the car when it first hit the market! These are "real-life" results. Hope this helps.....

I disagree with the haters...totally!
By rachellenh on 06/16/12 14:03 PM (PDT)

I just bought one today after doing research and driving one overnight. I have looked at and test driven many cars in the past month and this was my top pick. I am a small person-so the cabin space doesn't affect me. As for pick up-these cars get up and go better than my old PT cruiser did. I didn't notice any noise but I also blast my radio LOL Overall-this is an excellent price for the awesome mpg this car puts out-which mine has been getting about 51 mpg and that's with the air on and my driving. My bottom line-Don't believe everything you read-drive it for yourself and see.

Insane MPG
By jay206 on 04/06/12 21:06 PM (PDT)

After patiently waiting a few weeks for a Prius C One (base) to arrive at a local dealer here in RI, a black metallic one came into Tarbox Toyota. I traded in my 08 with 87,000 on it that I have only owned for about a month. I liked it so much I thought a new one for a few thousand more made a lot of sense. Well Toyota really hit it out of the park with this car. My Aunt bought one two weeks before me and she has been telling me her mpg and I honestly didn't believe her. Well I am getting much better mpg than she was. I mean over 75 mpg city and over 60 overall, while my 08 was getting just over 50. I am still pinching myself. Other than the insane mpg, the car is very styish and tight.

Prius C Arrives
By swampfox1000 on 03/09/12 17:26 PM (PST)

Just test drove a newly arrived Prius C at Walker Jones Toyota Waycross, GA. The salesman, Jake Carter, had previously sold me a Honda, and so he and I took the Red Prius C for a fide. This was a "three" with most of the bells and whistles, including telling you how much you spent on gas for the test drive, $0.45. Automatic climate control quickly cooled the interior on an 83 degree day. The nav system and all computer controls initially overwhelm you as you realize reading the owners manual is a must. Your fuel efficiency, costs, driving stlye is being constantly being evaluated by the computer. Someone did their homework at Toyata. Awesome vehicle!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback in VA is:

$126 per month*