Used 2012 Toyota Prius c Four Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

I Love my Baby Prius
By gemo06

2012 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my car back in Mach. I Received the first Prius C from the dealership because I had bough the car without ever seen it in person. I am very pleased and happy with the result. This car is so fun to drive. I am averaging 51 mpg. I drive about 50% city and 50% Highway. It is true that the car could use more horsepower but that is the price I paid for the mpg. This car was meant for city driving and it does decently in highway. I don't understand why people keep complaining about the car. The car is reliable and fun to drive. I am a happy customer but if people want a car with specific expectations, then they should really test drive as many car so they can make the right decision.

I love everything about the car. The extra option with the heated mirror, heated seats and sunroof and the wheels was a great for me.

I bough Prius C four with the extra options, I would have liked a back up camera.

This car will kill oil dependancy!
By yochivazooo

Saving me $200 a month in gasoline. 53mpg avg. Stereo sounds incredible on Prious C (4) Confortable seats and I am 5.11, rear confortable for 2 full side adults, 5 tight for the center. Only complaint, no rear camera on level 3 & 4. GPS could be better. If you want to save money this car is for you, dont expect power or luxury ride. I'll use my CR-V for long trips. Can't go wrong for commuter.

Stereo, computer fuel estimates, fun to drive, USB connector, voice command, FUEL ECONOMY!!!! auto climate control.

Include rear camera on 3&4 models. Integrate traffic on GPS. rear visibility could be better. More batteries on future models to increase EV range to 15mpg would make this an incredible car.

Bonnie Blue Great Car
By archaeo

Love the Prius C. Our first hybrid and it is a blast! Great mileage averaging 48.8 city and 51.6 freeway. This little car is sporty, great on gas and lots of fun to drive. Eco mode works well to get those miles up and when you want to get on the freeway at 70 mph just take it out of eco and press down on the pedal. The new technology is fun, voice activated phone calls through bluetooth, and iphone wireless tech allows you to listen to your tunes. Two year maintenance is provided free with purchase, touch door handle to open and lock. Plenty of room and comfortable seats (love the softex); room in back for 6 footers. Exterior/interior are sporty; test drive this one before you buy!

Mileage is fabulous, no other vehicle is getting true miles (downhill slopes for a few miles will give you 80 plus mpg, ev offers electric motor during lower speeds and while sitting at drive throughs, banks, etc. Exterior shape is sporty and comes in fun colors, softex seats feel soft against the skin and are not leather but a eco-friendly material, satellite radio is free for three months, wireless iphone music, just set the iphone in the compartment next to the radio and don't plug in, iphone transfer all your phone numbers to the bluetooth, voice activated phone, moonroof, lots of interior space, fun to drive and go anywhere without worrying about spending too much gas money! Love it!

Adding a solar panel to the sunroof to recharge battery and run fan to vent car during summer would be a great asset. The entune navagation system needs some tweeking to adapt to use with iphone (get some Apple people to write your software Toyota).

Worth the money and more......
By casciari4

I waited 11 and a half weeks for my Prius C Model 4. It was worth the wait and now i know why Japan is not exporting and there is such a demand inside the country. The mileage is unbelievable. Forget the 46/53 as advertised. On the highway I get between high 50's MPG and low 70's MPG. If it's bumper to bumper I get 70"s MPG. In city traffic I have gottem 99.9 MPG and it may be more but the reading only goes up to 99.9 MPG.

The mileage, the looks, the navigation.

Verizon Wireless is not a part of Entune. Please have Verizon included. Have the MPG reading go beyond 99.9 MPG.