Used 2012 Toyota Prius c One Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius-c - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

Just OK
By fl_lead_foot

2012 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just an OK car that happens to get great gas mileage. Door shut sounds tinny (and is tinny); stiff ride; overly firm seats; CHEAP interior materials; HARD interior plastics; under optioned (cruise control is a MAJOR FACTOR in highway gas mileage and the One doesn't have it!) Bought this for my courier business. Not sure if the mileage is worth the sacrifice. I'd MUCH RATHER drive my 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, not quite as good gas mileage but a WHOLE LOT MORE FUN to drive and ride in!

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

At LEAST address the tinniness, makes it sound cheaper than cheap! And it's price ain't cheap, which makes the tinniness UNACCEPTABLE!!

Answer to MPG dream
By pablo50

2012 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This review will be only for someone looking for excellent MPG! I drive 1,350 miles a week. 5,400 miles a month. (Every month - IC Courier). I've had the car for 6 months, 22 days. It has consistantly averaged 51.3 mpg. ECO Mode gives you the best results in city. Regular mode (not ECO) gives best results on freeway. My best has been 59.1 in city driving, 47.8 on freeway. I owned a 2011 Corolla before this and at best only averaged 30 mpg. I drive 50% city, 50% freeway. I am saving $311.00 per month. Compared to the Corolla. Wish I would have bought the car when it first hit the market! These are "real-life" results. Hope this helps.....

Favorite Features

MPG....MPG.....MPG!!!!!!! Very comfortable to drive and love all the features.

Suggested Improvements

Make the battery last longer!! I'll hit 100,000 within a year. Warranty only good for 8 years 100,000 miles. Great for "average" driver! LOL

I disagree with the haters...totally!
By rachellenh

2012 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought one today after doing research and driving one overnight. I have looked at and test driven many cars in the past month and this was my top pick. I am a small person-so the cabin space doesn't affect me. As for pick up-these cars get up and go better than my old PT cruiser did. I didn't notice any noise but I also blast my radio LOL Overall-this is an excellent price for the awesome mpg this car puts out-which mine has been getting about 51 mpg and that's with the air on and my driving. My bottom line-Don't believe everything you read-drive it for yourself and see.

Favorite Features

Body style, colors, optional features, mpg

Insane MPG
By jay206

2012 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After patiently waiting a few weeks for a Prius C One (base) to arrive at a local dealer here in RI, a black metallic one came into Tarbox Toyota. I traded in my 08 with 87,000 on it that I have only owned for about a month. I liked it so much I thought a new one for a few thousand more made a lot of sense. Well Toyota really hit it out of the park with this car. My Aunt bought one two weeks before me and she has been telling me her mpg and I honestly didn't believe her. Well I am getting much better mpg than she was. I mean over 75 mpg city and over 60 overall, while my 08 was getting just over 50. I am still pinching myself. Other than the insane mpg, the car is very styish and tight.

Favorite Features

MPG, Great finish and ride

Suggested Improvements

none