1997 Toyota Previa Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
My Favorite Van Ever
By Dennis on 11/12/08 17:31 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I have owned lots of vans, and the Previa is far and away the best van I have ever owned. Build quality is unbelievable (it's a Toyota, stupid), handling is exemplary with the mid- engine and AWD. Fuel mileage is 19 mpg around town, with up to 24 on the highway. I'm a Toyota salesman, and I sold this van new to an engineer and bought it from the family after he passed away. I constantly am amazed with the number of people who ask me if I want to sell it. Never is a hundred years.

Best Minivan ever
By Alf Skrastins on 04/14/08 22:47 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

My 1997 AWD Previa is the third one that I have owned. I previously had a 1991 and a 1994. All three have been completely trouble free, for a total of over 620K mi. The supercharger gives the 2.4 litre engine the punch of a V6, while delivering great gas mileage. I've been searching for a replacement for 5 years, but nothing made these days even comes close. The Sienna is too long, fat, low and is just not as much fun. If Toyota ever made a reasonable replacement for the Previa, I would buy it in an instance.

Final model year of the great Previa
By Carlton on 01/28/07 16:32 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

An amazing vehicle: mid-engine, supercharged, all-wheel drive, 7-passenger with plenty of room, yet 2 inches shorter than the Camry! This was our 2nd Previa. The first was a 1992 LE AWD. We bought that one with ~37k mi, sold it with ~150k mi, and last I knew, it now has over 220k on it. I bought my '97 with 50k mi and it now has 164k. It has been VERY reliable (as was the '92) and I would buy another if they still sold them. The Sienna is nice, but it is longer, lower, and the AWD model has those stupid/expensive run-flat tires.