They Don't Make 'em Like This Any More
By Mark Flick on
1996 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD
I bought this Previa used with only 12,000 miles on it. I now have over 216,000 miles and maintenance costs have been minimal. Word of advice: do not ignore the "CHECK ENGINE" light. I did and a blocked catalytic converter caused the head gasket to fail. I live in Colorado and the AWD is a big help in winter. I've stopped buying snow tires. The supercharged engine still has plenty of power even at this mileage. I suspect the Amsoil I use in the van has contributed greatly to the longevity. The van may not have all luxury appoints of a millenium van, but it's still dependable and looks pretty good too. Toyota makes great vehicles.
Favorite Features
The room this van provides is amazing. I have taken out the center bench seat, revealing a big, box shaped space I can really load up. Also, the engine: supercharged with spirited performance. I appreciate how all the fluids (except transmission fluid) can be checked from under the hood.
Suggested Improvements
I would change the design of the seats. They are not very adjustable compared to the electrically operated seats in more modern vehicles.