1996 Toyota Previa Consumer Review: They Don't Make 'em Like This

1996 Toyota Previa - Consumer Review

1996 Toyota Previa

LE All-Trac Passenger Minivan (2.4L 4-cyl. Supercharger AWD 4-speed Automatic)

They Don't Make 'em Like This Any More
By Mark Flick on

1996 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought this Previa used with only 12,000 miles on it. I now have over 216,000 miles and maintenance costs have been minimal. Word of advice: do not ignore the "CHECK ENGINE" light. I did and a blocked catalytic converter caused the head gasket to fail. I live in Colorado and the AWD is a big help in winter. I've stopped buying snow tires. The supercharged engine still has plenty of power even at this mileage. I suspect the Amsoil I use in the van has contributed greatly to the longevity. The van may not have all luxury appoints of a millenium van, but it's still dependable and looks pretty good too. Toyota makes great vehicles.

The room this van provides is amazing. I have taken out the center bench seat, revealing a big, box shaped space I can really load up. Also, the engine: supercharged with spirited performance. I appreciate how all the fluids (except transmission fluid) can be checked from under the hood.

I would change the design of the seats. They are not very adjustable compared to the electrically operated seats in more modern vehicles.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review