Used 1996 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

LE All-Trac Passenger Minivan (2.4L 4-cyl. Supercharger AWD 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
They Don't Make 'em Like This Any More
By Mark Flick on 07/06/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought this Previa used with only 12,000 miles on it. I now have over 216,000 miles and maintenance costs have been minimal. Word of advice: do not ignore the "CHECK ENGINE" light. I did and a blocked catalytic converter caused the head gasket to fail. I live in Colorado and the AWD is a big help in winter. I've stopped buying snow tires. The supercharged engine still has plenty of power even at this mileage. I suspect the Amsoil I use in the van has contributed greatly to the longevity. The van may not have all luxury appoints of a millenium van, but it's still dependable and looks pretty good too. Toyota makes great vehicles.

Big Van in Small Body
By opsofficer on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Nothing comes close for sheer usable space. Visibility and handing are great. At 170000 miles, it needed a drive shaft but a good independent garage made that a $400 repair instead of the $1000 the dealer wanted. Hope it goes another 170000. If you can find one for $10K get it because Previa owners alone know just what a gem these are. Hard to work on, but needs work so seldom: caution Toyota parts cost a bunch and no one else offers parts. Replaced the muffler (a generic) for $70 when Toyota wanted $300. Wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country in winter. AWD gets 26 mpg on the highway. Gets a 9.5 overall.