1996 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
They Don't Make 'em Like This Any More
By Mark Flick on 07/06/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought this Previa used with only 12,000 miles on it. I now have over 216,000 miles and maintenance costs have been minimal. Word of advice: do not ignore the "CHECK ENGINE" light. I did and a blocked catalytic converter caused the head gasket to fail. I live in Colorado and the AWD is a big help in winter. I've stopped buying snow tires. The supercharged engine still has plenty of power even at this mileage. I suspect the Amsoil I use in the van has contributed greatly to the longevity. The van may not have all luxury appoints of a millenium van, but it's still dependable and looks pretty good too. Toyota makes great vehicles.

Big Van in Small Body
By opsofficer on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Nothing comes close for sheer usable space. Visibility and handing are great. At 170000 miles, it needed a drive shaft but a good independent garage made that a $400 repair instead of the $1000 the dealer wanted. Hope it goes another 170000. If you can find one for $10K get it because Previa owners alone know just what a gem these are. Hard to work on, but needs work so seldom: caution Toyota parts cost a bunch and no one else offers parts. Replaced the muffler (a generic) for $70 when Toyota wanted $300. Wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country in winter. AWD gets 26 mpg on the highway. Gets a 9.5 overall.

Been a good vehicle
By mjm1 on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

We purchased this vehicle used (2yrs Old) with 33K miles on it. It now has 120K miles on it and still going strong. We've had no major problems, but quite a few problems that go along with age. Shocks, rattles, sensors, ...etc. Nothing major, but it seems to always need something these days that cause it to go into the shop.

Well worth the money
By HM173 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

This is the kind of car that gives Toyota a good name. The Van seats my family o f6 comfortably, we just got back from a 2,000 mile road trip, spending 40hrs in the car and all of us has a Blast. The ergonomics are great, and the leather seats are a must if you have kids!

nice van, dealers suck!
By Mhotopp on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Previa DX All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought this van in Oneonta NY from Royal, the local toyota dealer. He told me that it was his wife's car, and it had 42,000 miles on it. I asked to see the service records, and he let me, but wouldn't let me have copies. Should have known. The car had had an accident he didn't acknowledge, probably nothing serious, but I noticed the paint overspray after I got it home, and when I called him on it, he acted as if he was shocked that I was questioning his integrity. Buy the van, and skip the dealer.

1996 Toyota Previa
By wbscifi on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Nice to Drive & great on curves handles like a car.

The Best Minivan Ever Made
By 937auto on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

These are the ultimate vehicles. Pricing,economy, and all options and features are totally satisfying.

I wish Ttoyota still sell Previa in USA
By rho on 03/03/02 22:10 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota Previa DX All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

This 1996 Previa van still look good in 2002. It has a lot of spaces and gets good mileage. The ALLTRAC system works great in the snow and rain. A great handling van with short turning radius.