Used 1995 Toyota Previa Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Previa Minivan

View reviews for a specific Previa model:

Great minivan
By rcd

1995 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan w/Supercharger

Bought it used 3 yrs old with 39,000 mls on it. Now I got 196,000. After 12 yrs. of driving, kids grown, still love it. So far the major parts I change are the auxillary shaft and the catalytic converter which I need another one. Won't trade this van to the latest sienna or Odyssey. Love it much.

Best car I have ever owned!
By Tom Mullaney

1995 Toyota Previa Minivan DX All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD w/Supercharger

No major problems in 177,00 miles. Mileage has been constant :18 in city 22 on highway. Very comfortable seats and flexible seating and easy removal for carrying bulky items: furniture etc.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive with plenty of power in spite of only a 4 cylinder. The supercharger works great.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioning could be a tad better although dark exterior color absorbs sun.

A Toyota Delight
By Gulfview

1995 Toyota Previa Minivan DX 3dr Minivan

It is an attractive looking van with a classic egg shape and a striking burgundy color. Getting in and out is very easy for an old man like me -- the reason I purchased this van. The visibility is superb and the driving circle is nice and short for parking lot slaloms. The engine still hums like a dream, it is peppy, and the four-speed transmission is smooth like a baby's, uhm, face. The ride is comfortable but controlled. There is plenty of space for grandchildren, dogs, cats, and groceries. The Toyota expertise and quality are there all over. One of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Driving position, visibility, cargo space, and good looks.

Suggested Improvements

More legroom for tall drivers, more doors, more windows that can be opened, and better fuel economy. The engine is difficult to work on because of its position under the floorboard.

Sold me on Toyota
By dazza1608

1995 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan w/Supercharger

Purchased our Previa in 2003 with 130,000 miles on the clock. Still driving well at 295,000. No major work done considering the daily use and abuse from 5 kids. Survived 2 round trips to New Hampshire and one to Wyoming/Colorado from New Orleans (visited a total of 23 states on these trips). Recently has developed a small oil leak from the rocker cover gasket.

Favorite Features

The middle rotating seats. The oil filler. Fun to watch people find it to add oil.

Suggested Improvements

The battery could be raised up to help with the connecting of jumper cables to help other cars

Forever Toyota
By corey

1995 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD w/Supercharger

My van has been great. I have owned 4 of them so far (various years) the supercharged is the best. I have owned many of 4 wheel drive cars including 3 landcruisers and the previa is the best in the snow!!!! Power on the supercharged is said to be only slightly more than the nonsupercharged, but I have to disagree..... I notice a big difference. Dependability is wonderful in the Toyota, although I do have a Previa that had a tranny go out at 200,000 miles. I have to admit that that van was used for a newspaper delivery route. Severe stop and go for over 1 1/2 hours a day. I currently own a 95 supercharged Previa with leather and a 1994 Landcruiser. I enjoy the Previa on a daily basis more.

Favorite Features

The all wheel drive and the supercharger are my favorite features. They make it stand out from the rest. Especially when driving in the snow. The adj. armrests in the front are also a cool feature. The seating arrangement in the back is also pretty cool too. My kids like that.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I could find a 2 inch receiver hitch for the Previa. My first one had it on it when I purchased it, but now I can't find one for my 95. TURBO!.....why stop at supercharged? I guess the world will never know.