1995 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
Great minivan
By rcd on 01/15/10 20:07 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan w/Supercharger

Bought it used 3 yrs old with 39,000 mls on it. Now I got 196,000. After 12 yrs. of driving, kids grown, still love it. So far the major parts I change are the auxillary shaft and the catalytic converter which I need another one. Won't trade this van to the latest sienna or Odyssey. Love it much.

Best car I have ever owned!
By Tom Mullaney on 06/30/09 17:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Previa DX All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD w/Supercharger

No major problems in 177,00 miles. Mileage has been constant :18 in city 22 on highway. Very comfortable seats and flexible seating and easy removal for carrying bulky items: furniture etc.

A Toyota Delight
By Gulfview on 01/30/09 20:55 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Previa DX 3dr Minivan

It is an attractive looking van with a classic egg shape and a striking burgundy color. Getting in and out is very easy for an old man like me -- the reason I purchased this van. The visibility is superb and the driving circle is nice and short for parking lot slaloms. The engine still hums like a dream, it is peppy, and the four-speed transmission is smooth like a baby's, uhm, face. The ride is comfortable but controlled. There is plenty of space for grandchildren, dogs, cats, and groceries. The Toyota expertise and quality are there all over. One of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

Sold me on Toyota
By dazza1608 on 08/05/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan w/Supercharger

Purchased our Previa in 2003 with 130,000 miles on the clock. Still driving well at 295,000. No major work done considering the daily use and abuse from 5 kids. Survived 2 round trips to New Hampshire and one to Wyoming/Colorado from New Orleans (visited a total of 23 states on these trips). Recently has developed a small oil leak from the rocker cover gasket.

Forever Toyota
By corey on 10/19/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD w/Supercharger

My van has been great. I have owned 4 of them so far (various years) the supercharged is the best. I have owned many of 4 wheel drive cars including 3 landcruisers and the previa is the best in the snow!!!! Power on the supercharged is said to be only slightly more than the nonsupercharged, but I have to disagree..... I notice a big difference. Dependability is wonderful in the Toyota, although I do have a Previa that had a tranny go out at 200,000 miles. I have to admit that that van was used for a newspaper delivery route. Severe stop and go for over 1 1/2 hours a day. I currently own a 95 supercharged Previa with leather and a 1994 Landcruiser. I enjoy the Previa on a daily basis more.

Excellent Van
By Rogie on 07/15/05 23:30 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD w/Supercharger

Our Previa is an excellent van. Have had it over six years, and still going strong. Extremely reliable. Gas mileage is low though. AWD is excellent in the winter. A terrific van.

Great Van! - Outstanding Reliability
By mrob20 on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD w/Supercharger

I purchased this vehicle used - 2 years old with 20,000 miles. 7 years later we now have 102,000 miles. We use this on long trips and around town every day. Other than changing brake pads every 2 years...it just keep on running without any problems. A great purchase. AWD is great in snow. I will drive this until it dies.

Fun and reliable van
By Hnn on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Previa DX 3dr Minivan w/Supercharger

The car is fun to drive due to its rwd. Handling is very well for a tall vehicle. Power is adequate, but supposed to be much better than the non- supercharged model. Nice big front seats compared to the Siena. This car runs and runs with little trouble even at 160km. I even skipped all the minor services. I can't think of an excuse to sell it even it's old with 160 km. I think this model has a defected muffler. Also, the infamous SAD (Auxilary Drive) problem that make the car vibrate during idling at the stop lights. Toyota has a fix kit that cost $200 instead of replacing the whole thing for $1200.

I love my van.
By Kriso on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan w/Supercharger

Great van but expensive to maintain. Parts are pricey. Rides and handles well but a little on the noisy side. Great turning radius. Controls and accessories are easy to access. The seats could go back a little farther for a taller driver and passenger.

Great car
By Dragonmasterzip on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Excellent car. It is a little underpowered, but has a 4 speed automatic overdrive which can be manually turned off on the shift column. So when going uphills, I take it out of overdrive and the car is fine. I do regular oil changes and tire rotations, but nothing else. I will finally put in new plugs (at 145,000!) and new brake pads. Very reliable car.