Used 1993 Toyota Previa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Previa

View reviews for a specific Previa model:

Wish They Still Made Em
By Little Ol Me

1993 Toyota Previa Deluxe All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

This van is the best I have ever owned, and I have gone through five different vans! I have three kids and as another person wrote- the interior holds up magnificently! The only thing I would change about the interior is I would put a better console in the front for soda/ etc. The one on the floor is a little low. A store bought one suffices. I LOVE the seats and how they recline, slide back and forth, turn all the way around and LOCK IN PLACE! I love it! Love it! I love all the room there is when you pack the back seats up and I love that I never have to remove them from the van. It is SO simple! I have not put any money into this van other than maintenance.

Favorite Features

Mid Row seating that turns all the way around. Back seating that lays flat OR folds into the seat. All seats are completely maneuverable in all directions. I also love the dashboard!

Suggested Improvements

It tends to smell like oil when it is shut off after long trips. It's never dripped a drop tho. EVER.

235,000 and still going strong
By driving mom

1993 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

We bought this minivan new after our previous Previa was forced off the road and rolled. 4 of us walked away with one minor cut. After that I wouldn't buy anything but another Previa. We haven't had any major repairs other than the normal maintenance. There have been so many great family memories associated with this Previa. It handles so well in our winter mountain road driving. It was the first choice for all our ski trips and forest road camping trips. We could get 4 adult sized mountain bikes and 4 adults inside, so nothing got dusty or wet on our back road trips. Love it still! This has by far been the most reliable and fun vehicle we have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Safety. Huge interior space. Handles well for winter driving. Extremely comfortable for long road trips. Best vision for any car I've driven, and I have done a ton of test driving.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioning could have been better.

High quality vehicle
By rabbit

1993 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Hardly spent money for repair since we purchased it in 1995. A/C freon leaked out in 2006. Radio tuner broke- down in 2008. Overall, Previa is a very refined vehicle in design and performance.

Favorite Features

Folding third seats. Rides well. Spacious cabin with cargo space. Repair free.

Suggested Improvements

3-L engine, rather than 2.3-L.

Reliable and Fun
By Lee

1993 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

I bought this car brand new in Oct. 1992. The only services required are tires, wiper blades, brakes, battery, air filter, oil and filter. I also had a 60K service at 10 years and asked them to change all the hoses. 17 years, AC is still going strong without any service. Plenty of interior space and leg space. Only complaint is when fully loaded, it becomes sluggish - after all this is a V4.

Favorite Features

3rd row seats flip up easily for extra room. 2nd row seats can be removed to create more room.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders for 2nd row and 3rd row. 2nd row seats can be flipped up or lay down flat to create more space instead of removing it.

Excellent Van
By Van

1993 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I bought this van two years ago and it has been an awesome older used vehicle. Minor maintenance no big problems. Reliable in all seasons. Great for soccer mom!!