1993 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
Wish They Still Made Em
By Little Ol Me on 02/05/10 11:27 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Previa Deluxe All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

This van is the best I have ever owned, and I have gone through five different vans! I have three kids and as another person wrote- the interior holds up magnificently! The only thing I would change about the interior is I would put a better console in the front for soda/ etc. The one on the floor is a little low. A store bought one suffices. I LOVE the seats and how they recline, slide back and forth, turn all the way around and LOCK IN PLACE! I love it! Love it! I love all the room there is when you pack the back seats up and I love that I never have to remove them from the van. It is SO simple! I have not put any money into this van other than maintenance.

235,000 and still going strong
By driving mom on 10/26/09 16:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

We bought this minivan new after our previous Previa was forced off the road and rolled. 4 of us walked away with one minor cut. After that I wouldn't buy anything but another Previa. We haven't had any major repairs other than the normal maintenance. There have been so many great family memories associated with this Previa. It handles so well in our winter mountain road driving. It was the first choice for all our ski trips and forest road camping trips. We could get 4 adult sized mountain bikes and 4 adults inside, so nothing got dusty or wet on our back road trips. Love it still! This has by far been the most reliable and fun vehicle we have ever owned.

High quality vehicle
By rabbit on 08/09/09 04:44 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Hardly spent money for repair since we purchased it in 1995. A/C freon leaked out in 2006. Radio tuner broke- down in 2008. Overall, Previa is a very refined vehicle in design and performance.

Reliable and Fun
By Lee on 07/21/09 22:36 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

I bought this car brand new in Oct. 1992. The only services required are tires, wiper blades, brakes, battery, air filter, oil and filter. I also had a 60K service at 10 years and asked them to change all the hoses. 17 years, AC is still going strong without any service. Plenty of interior space and leg space. Only complaint is when fully loaded, it becomes sluggish - after all this is a V4.

Excellent Van
By Van on 07/01/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I bought this van two years ago and it has been an awesome older used vehicle. Minor maintenance no big problems. Reliable in all seasons. Great for soccer mom!!

Our cream puff
By Joan on 03/25/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Sadly we are going to replace our Toy Previo, "Gertrude" only because of her age. I am going to miss her because she rides better than the Honda we are considering. She is good looking, dependable & reliable. She has everything one could want. She has a lot of good years ahead of her.

Earth to Moon
By Joe DeRoma on 12/09/06 11:07 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

This vehicle has been far and away the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It currently has 224,000 miles. The biggest repair I've had to make is replacing the distributer and spark plug wires. The thing just keeps going and going. The interior has held up remarkably well. We have 3 kids and there are no material tears or other obvious signs of wear.

The Silver Bullet
By Makana on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I've had this van for 11 years and it is still jammin right along. Rust proofing is the key in Hawaii but there has been no major mechanical problem.It turns on a dime. Great viewing from all seats. I kept it so long because I love the wave shaped (or W shaped some call it dashboard. I wish all mimni SUV's ( my next car now that my kids are grown) had it. It's marvelous, feels spacious, the glove compartment could be a mini ice chest! And when i'm the passenger I rest my feet up on it, it's so perfect. Hard to clean inside of windshield, it's quite a reach but worth it. And to keep it defrosted in the rain here I had to put the air conditioner on it.

The right car for the job
By sagi on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I've had the car for 6 years as the main family car. I don't want a new one since my 3 kids are making a mess out of everything and that way I don't even care if it gets dinged. It performs so well I don't feel the need to buy a new van (even though this one is 10-year old). The brakes are a chronic problem, I have to put in $500/year to fix them. Had to replace the starter twice. Otherwise no problems.

Toyota
By Dude on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

I think that the van is nice but it could use little improvements