1992 Toyota Previa Consumer Review: 310,000 miles and still reliab

1992 Toyota Previa - Consumer Review

1992 Toyota Previa

LE All-Trac Passenger Minivan (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

310,000 miles and still reliable!
By WBR on

1992 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

An amazing Minivan. At over 310K, we have had only one major fix. Around 180K we had to replace the front driveshaft for a little more than $2,000. Everything else has been wear and tear: brakes, lights, lights in dash, turn signal, springs in door locks, radio, bearings in sliding door, gas shocks on the back hatch, recharging the A/C. We have gone on numerous long, long trips. It's always reliable and safe. Great visibility, drives like a nimble car and the all wheel drive has taken 6-7 skiing many times. When the ice and snow hits, we always make it to work. I bought it used after reading a Consumer Reports eval on used vans. The Previa was rated number 1. I can vouch for that now.

Reliability. Leg room. Roomy. I can lay a sheet of plywood in the back flat with the bench seat out. The rear seats flip up and out of the way.

I should have gotten the tow package. The hubcap paint wears off after about 5 years. Get nice wheels instead, it's cheaper in the long run. The dash lights and door lock springs should be easier to change. I've done each once.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review