Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Niscoti on
1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan
This van has taken us through several 10K+ road trips with not a single mishap. Only once did we have trouble, after 1500 miles driving across Baja California's notorious Hwy 1 (named for the 1 foot deep potholes?). O.K., new shocks. Other than a couple of tune ups, two new batteries, two sets of tires, a set of brakes, and one transmission sensor, we have never had trouble with this sweet van in the 8 years and 100,000 miles we've owned it. I bought a 1994 Previa last month to replace it because of wear and tear on the body - the locks are failing. But the "new" van just doesn't feel right. It may not be worth much at the dealer, but I just can't part with this old family friend
Favorite Features
I love riding shotgun at a slight recline that still leaves room for the kids in back, feet outstretched on the long dash. The middle seat slides back to leave a huge amount of room for passengers. I've loaded plywood and sheetrock without removing the seat, just reclining them.
Suggested Improvements
I HATE driving this van in the snow or on black ice, which is rare where we live (Washington State). I once did a 360 at trying to make a right turn at 15 mph in an inch of wet snow. I only wish I could buy a new one. I hear the Sienna is nothing like it. Pity.