310,000 miles and still reliable!
By WBR on
1992 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD
An amazing Minivan. At over 310K, we have had only one major fix. Around 180K we had to replace the front driveshaft for a little more than $2,000. Everything else has been wear and tear: brakes, lights, lights in dash, turn signal, springs in door locks, radio, bearings in sliding door, gas shocks on the back hatch, recharging the A/C. We have gone on numerous long, long trips. It's always reliable and safe. Great visibility, drives like a nimble car and the all wheel drive has taken 6-7 skiing many times. When the ice and snow hits, we always make it to work. I bought it used after reading a Consumer Reports eval on used vans. The Previa was rated number 1. I can vouch for that now.
Favorite Features
Reliability. Leg room. Roomy. I can lay a sheet of plywood in the back flat with the bench seat out. The rear seats flip up and out of the way.
Suggested Improvements
I should have gotten the tow package. The hubcap paint wears off after about 5 years. Get nice wheels instead, it's cheaper in the long run. The dash lights and door lock springs should be easier to change. I've done each once.