1992 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Niscoti on 10/19/06 20:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

This van has taken us through several 10K+ road trips with not a single mishap. Only once did we have trouble, after 1500 miles driving across Baja California's notorious Hwy 1 (named for the 1 foot deep potholes?). O.K., new shocks. Other than a couple of tune ups, two new batteries, two sets of tires, a set of brakes, and one transmission sensor, we have never had trouble with this sweet van in the 8 years and 100,000 miles we've owned it. I bought a 1994 Previa last month to replace it because of wear and tear on the body - the locks are failing. But the "new" van just doesn't feel right. It may not be worth much at the dealer, but I just can't part with this old family friend

Fantastic Reliability
By david on 10/10/06 08:50 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Purchased car new. Wholesale rep. so put over 100,000 miles first 1 1/2 yrs. Afterwards as an artist traveling doing art show, pulling large trailer with total van weight(4300 lbs.) and trailer totalled 9300 to 9800 pounds, the Previa pulled it up the mountains of W. Virginia, Wyoming and the 8% grades ot Lake Tahoe, Ca. Now it has 473,000 miles with absolutely no engine work done except water pump, and starter. Van still does not use oil. This is a fantastic car for reliability.

Great Van at any age.
By paul belanger on 11/21/05 01:27 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

We bought this vehicle because we had our second child, and traded in our 95 corolla for it and never regretted it once. It has never let us down once. Now that it is 14 years old we still drove it 14 hours to North Carolina from Ontario Canada. The first day over 9 hours straight without a worry. We are now considering a new van but we are having a hard time with letting go of this one.

It's Been a Pleasure
By dbatten on 06/29/05 00:16 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I just recently sold my Previa that I had for the last six years and when the new owner drove it away I actually felt guilty. It was like I had betrayed an old friend that had looked after me time and again but had asked next to nothing in return. This van is large, with a 4 cyl engine that seems like a 6 cyl with excellent fuel economy. Some say that the 2.4 liter motor is one of the most reliable made by any manufacturer. I can't argue. My family grew up in this van and the kids still didn't want me to sell it but basically this van outlived me. I'll miss it. Oh yeah! Guess what the new owner was driving when he came and bought the van from me? A '91 Previa. Enough said.

Lov my Prev
By sabdulrafi on 03/30/05 20:01 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

I love my Previa and am really distressed about having to get a new car. In 13 years the only trouble I had was due to an additional alarm system, put on by an independent company. I like feeling as though I am driving a car, even though without the seats my van is huge. I have moved my entire household save the fridge. It also slept five when we camped in it on a trip. I have bought new brakes twice while I had been accustomed to yearly visits in the past. I'm not sure if we were just blessed with our van or if the model is wonderful. Anyway my family has grown and it would be ecologically wasteful for me to continue in it. So it's goodbye Previa hello again Corolla.

my prev !
By tm on 12/31/04 20:12 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought my previa from the dealership i worked for. Not realizing that I bought the the best vehicle i ever owned!!! I have over 200,000 miles on it now and would not part with it. Now I work at a Lexus dealer and have a LS400 and a RX300 but still won't part with my Previa. Its like a old friend. In all the years I had it all it needed was a starter and brakes,lots and lots of brakes. Would drive that van across country without a blink of an eye.

Previa Van
By Joe Camarda on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Deluxe All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

This vehicle has been exceptionally reliable and versatile. The interior space has served my family and I wonderfully as both a people mover and a utility vehicle. Many routine maintainance requirements like timing belts and CV boots are not applicable on this vehicle. Brilliantly designed for economically minded individuals.

Excellent Machine
By Will Hodg on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Bought a 93 Previa LE in 1996 with 40K. I put over 200K on it in 8 years. Always was a dependable vehicle and I worked it pretty hard - carried heavy equipment durnig the week and Boy Scouts on weekends. She still runs good but had a mishap and have had to retire it. Just replaced with a 1992 Previa with only 105K, which speaks to my confidence in this fine Toyota product.

Great Vehicle
By neworleans_lady on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

This is a great vehicle for 7 passengers or hauling building supplies from Home Depot. Great mileage considering size of vehicle. I wish a could buy another one today. Comfortable ride, but a bit ackward climbing out of side door since I did not have a side panel to step out on. I LOVE TOYOTAS. They give my the best car for MY money.

Previa
By Brm on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

After 190,000 miles still runs well. Interior is in great condition considering raising 2 kids during this time and hauling tons of gear on hunting and fishing trips. Still have the same muffler and tail pipe. Did replace manafold and front bearings. Other than that all routine maintenance. Great vehicle AWD Sienna is close but not the same interior quality.