Used 1992 Toyota Previa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Previa

View reviews for a specific Previa model:

Can't beat it, my trusty friend
By none

1992 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Bought this from 1st owner in 2003 with 125K miles on it. Previous owner had a 10 year/100K mile warranty on it, took it in for every hiccup, kept meticulous records on it. I instantly fell in love with it. I didn't know that it typically needs a new front differential (I have an LE AllTrac) at 130K miles. That was $2400 at the dealer to repair. Oh well, my only repair so far. This van has taken 24k miles per year with next to no problems, except brakes. They seem to wear out fast. I get fantastic gas mileage. My kids can beat it up & I don't worry. This is the true workhorse van, SUV, truck combined, and I will never part with it. I want to be buried in my Previa. LOVE YOU BABY!

Favorite Features

Toyota durability, reliability, a true, loyal, reliable workhorse that never whines or complains. Captain's chairs to separate kids! Spacious, great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Make them again. Why did these beauties go off the US market? That was a dumb move for Toyota.

"Money in the Bank"
By Big Mac

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Our family purchased the 92 Previa Le, 16 yrs ago. No more hauling kids around, they all have drivers licenses. Tires, brakes, starter, battery, shocks, one of the rear a/c blowers quit, repaired it, one minor oil leak, repaired it, in 16 yrs. We have 199000 original owner miles on it. Original muffler, catalytic converter, the interior still looks brand new, garaged it, the ride is still a sweet ride! The more we hold on to this jewel, 20 mpg, seats 7 people, low cost insurance, it's like having "Money in the Bank!"

Favorite Features

Still drives like a brand new car! Cup holders, captains chairs, privacy glass, last row seats fold up and out of the way for storage, rear wheel drive (for towing!), 20 mpg,Toyota craftsmanship, Toyota reliablity.

Still driving it
By RPDQ

1992 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Vehicle only required minor wear and tear maintenance over the years. The air conditioner went out 3 years ago. Just replaced the catalytic converter and the exhaust past that point. Very reliable even in cold regions. Still get 21 MPG city/hwy avg.

Favorite Features

Handling in tight turns.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they still made them.

Previa rules
By Mike

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

I have owned the vehicle for 12 years. I get an honest 27 mpg on trips, (I don't keep track around town). I have had no problem with the van at all. Very low maintenance needed/given.

Favorite Features

It will haul 4'x8' sheets of plywood, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Its headlights do not shine as bright as they should. More/better cup holders.

Solid Workhorse
By bem

1992 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I recently bought this car w/ 130,000 mi from my parents who were the original owners and took good care of it. Our first job for it was to pack it to the ceiling with our three kids and most of our belongings and use it to move from California to Maryland. It was very heavily loaded, the suspension was bottomed out for most of the trip, but we drove essentially nonstop for 4 days, at 75+mph, with absolutely no problems, and got 25 mpg to boot!

Favorite Features

Excellent reliability, very roomy and comfortable, tight turning circle, excellent driving position and visibility

Suggested Improvements

A bit skittish in high winds, 4 cyl engine a bit sluggish, but get better gas mileage than newer V6 models.