1992 Toyota Previa Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
310,000 miles and still reliable!
By WBR on 03/07/09 12:23 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

An amazing Minivan. At over 310K, we have had only one major fix. Around 180K we had to replace the front driveshaft for a little more than $2,000. Everything else has been wear and tear: brakes, lights, lights in dash, turn signal, springs in door locks, radio, bearings in sliding door, gas shocks on the back hatch, recharging the A/C. We have gone on numerous long, long trips. It's always reliable and safe. Great visibility, drives like a nimble car and the all wheel drive has taken 6-7 skiing many times. When the ice and snow hits, we always make it to work. I bought it used after reading a Consumer Reports eval on used vans. The Previa was rated number 1. I can vouch for that now.

350,000 and just needed work
By mama1948 on 08/01/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought the Previa because all four boys could sit in the car comfortably. Nobody's head touched the ceiling in the back. There were shoulder seat belts for three in back. The seats would fold down so the boys could nap comfortably. Its tough for a 6 foot teen ager to be comfortable sleeping sitting up. The seats folded together to make a bed. There was plenty of hauling space. I was comfortable while driving. The car was up high enough to see over most cars. I have never had any trouble driving in ice and snow. We've driven from Olympia, WA to Pasadena to watch the Huskies play in the Rose Bowl every year they played. Drove down to visit family in San Diego and Phoenix a bunch, too.

Can't beat it, my trusty friend
By none on 06/10/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Bought this from 1st owner in 2003 with 125K miles on it. Previous owner had a 10 year/100K mile warranty on it, took it in for every hiccup, kept meticulous records on it. I instantly fell in love with it. I didn't know that it typically needs a new front differential (I have an LE AllTrac) at 130K miles. That was $2400 at the dealer to repair. Oh well, my only repair so far. This van has taken 24k miles per year with next to no problems, except brakes. They seem to wear out fast. I get fantastic gas mileage. My kids can beat it up & I don't worry. This is the true workhorse van, SUV, truck combined, and I will never part with it. I want to be buried in my Previa. LOVE YOU BABY!

my prev !
By tm on 12/31/04 20:12 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought my previa from the dealership i worked for. Not realizing that I bought the the best vehicle i ever owned!!! I have over 200,000 miles on it now and would not part with it. Now I work at a Lexus dealer and have a LS400 and a RX300 but still won't part with my Previa. Its like a old friend. In all the years I had it all it needed was a starter and brakes,lots and lots of brakes. Would drive that van across country without a blink of an eye.

Previa
By Brm on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

After 190,000 miles still runs well. Interior is in great condition considering raising 2 kids during this time and hauling tons of gear on hunting and fishing trips. Still have the same muffler and tail pipe. Did replace manafold and front bearings. Other than that all routine maintenance. Great vehicle AWD Sienna is close but not the same interior quality.

Versitile van
By SC Coupe on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I have gotten pretty familiar with my Previa over the last 200,000 miles. With its Alltrac feature is has taken me past innumerable SUVs which were in the ditch. I have taken it on sailboarding trips, put in an elevated sleeping area, and felt comfortable as I snooped the night away. It is truely cavernous, and the leg room is like nothing I have seen in any other vehicle.