Used 1992 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:

310,000 miles and still reliable!
By WBR

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

An amazing Minivan. At over 310K, we have had only one major fix. Around 180K we had to replace the front driveshaft for a little more than $2,000. Everything else has been wear and tear: brakes, lights, lights in dash, turn signal, springs in door locks, radio, bearings in sliding door, gas shocks on the back hatch, recharging the A/C. We have gone on numerous long, long trips. It's always reliable and safe. Great visibility, drives like a nimble car and the all wheel drive has taken 6-7 skiing many times. When the ice and snow hits, we always make it to work. I bought it used after reading a Consumer Reports eval on used vans. The Previa was rated number 1. I can vouch for that now.

Reliability. Leg room. Roomy. I can lay a sheet of plywood in the back flat with the bench seat out. The rear seats flip up and out of the way.

I should have gotten the tow package. The hubcap paint wears off after about 5 years. Get nice wheels instead, it's cheaper in the long run. The dash lights and door lock springs should be easier to change. I've done each once.

350,000 and just needed work
By mama1948

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought the Previa because all four boys could sit in the car comfortably. Nobody's head touched the ceiling in the back. There were shoulder seat belts for three in back. The seats would fold down so the boys could nap comfortably. Its tough for a 6 foot teen ager to be comfortable sleeping sitting up. The seats folded together to make a bed. There was plenty of hauling space. I was comfortable while driving. The car was up high enough to see over most cars. I have never had any trouble driving in ice and snow. We've driven from Olympia, WA to Pasadena to watch the Huskies play in the Rose Bowl every year they played. Drove down to visit family in San Diego and Phoenix a bunch, too.

Reliable, lots of room, reliable, handles well, reliable,seats the whole family and oh, yeah, its reliable.

Possibly, in reading the other reviews, the front end crash could be a bit dangerous. Is that why they stopped making them? Couldn't they have done something else to toughen up the front end other than to stop making them? or were they too reliable and we weren't back buying more often enough?

Can't beat it, my trusty friend
By none

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Bought this from 1st owner in 2003 with 125K miles on it. Previous owner had a 10 year/100K mile warranty on it, took it in for every hiccup, kept meticulous records on it. I instantly fell in love with it. I didn't know that it typically needs a new front differential (I have an LE AllTrac) at 130K miles. That was $2400 at the dealer to repair. Oh well, my only repair so far. This van has taken 24k miles per year with next to no problems, except brakes. They seem to wear out fast. I get fantastic gas mileage. My kids can beat it up & I don't worry. This is the true workhorse van, SUV, truck combined, and I will never part with it. I want to be buried in my Previa. LOVE YOU BABY!

Toyota durability, reliability, a true, loyal, reliable workhorse that never whines or complains. Captain's chairs to separate kids! Spacious, great gas mileage.

Make them again. Why did these beauties go off the US market? That was a dumb move for Toyota.

my prev !
By tm

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought my previa from the dealership i worked for. Not realizing that I bought the the best vehicle i ever owned!!! I have over 200,000 miles on it now and would not part with it. Now I work at a Lexus dealer and have a LS400 and a RX300 but still won't part with my Previa. Its like a old friend. In all the years I had it all it needed was a starter and brakes,lots and lots of brakes. Would drive that van across country without a blink of an eye.

with out a doubt the reliablity, the comfort and room for all the passangers in back, my dual moonroofs, abs and captain chairs

the brake system , and the captain chairs and back seats dont come out

Previa
By Brm

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

After 190,000 miles still runs well. Interior is in great condition considering raising 2 kids during this time and hauling tons of gear on hunting and fishing trips. Still have the same muffler and tail pipe. Did replace manafold and front bearings. Other than that all routine maintenance. Great vehicle AWD Sienna is close but not the same interior quality.

Love the swivel captains chairs and fold up rear seats. Quality of interior. Mid Engine and handling in snow.