1992 Toyota Previa Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
The Matriarch
By otterkin on 11/15/13 06:51 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

This is a fantastic van. My family bought the car used in 1995, and I inherited it as my first car after high school. It took us cross-country 3 times and up and down both coasts. Unfortunately, it just blew a head gasket at over 300,000 miles. I don't have the money to rebuild the engine, so this Previa's days are done. :-( The Previa always had some electrical problems with the interior lights and the moonroof, but those were minor. Other then a repair bill of 3,000 in 2003 I believe, it's been low-maintenance. Truly a spectacular car.

excellent vehicle
By mike pizziferro on 03/04/10 09:03 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Probably the most reliable vehicle ever made by Toyota. Had this car for 8+ years never a problem or complaint just routine maintenance. 170,000 miles and going strong.

Great mileage
By Dick Kimple on 02/05/10 09:40 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Bought this Previa new 19 years ago. We have a second home at 9500' in Colorado and loaded it many times for the trip to the mountains. Great mileage, grate vehicle. I have taken it in to trade 3 times and the dealers don't know what they are missing. My family will park it over my grave and plant flowers in it. My son is expecting our 1st grand child and he wants it. He lives in Ft. Collins and it will make a great Colorado car. Only has 180,000 miles.

"Money in the Bank"
By Big Mac on 05/01/08 23:06 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Our family purchased the 92 Previa Le, 16 yrs ago. No more hauling kids around, they all have drivers licenses. Tires, brakes, starter, battery, shocks, one of the rear a/c blowers quit, repaired it, one minor oil leak, repaired it, in 16 yrs. We have 199000 original owner miles on it. Original muffler, catalytic converter, the interior still looks brand new, garaged it, the ride is still a sweet ride! The more we hold on to this jewel, 20 mpg, seats 7 people, low cost insurance, it's like having "Money in the Bank!"

Previa rules
By Mike on 06/28/07 13:07 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

I have owned the vehicle for 12 years. I get an honest 27 mpg on trips, (I don't keep track around town). I have had no problem with the van at all. Very low maintenance needed/given.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Niscoti on 10/19/06 20:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

This van has taken us through several 10K+ road trips with not a single mishap. Only once did we have trouble, after 1500 miles driving across Baja California's notorious Hwy 1 (named for the 1 foot deep potholes?). O.K., new shocks. Other than a couple of tune ups, two new batteries, two sets of tires, a set of brakes, and one transmission sensor, we have never had trouble with this sweet van in the 8 years and 100,000 miles we've owned it. I bought a 1994 Previa last month to replace it because of wear and tear on the body - the locks are failing. But the "new" van just doesn't feel right. It may not be worth much at the dealer, but I just can't part with this old family friend

Fantastic Reliability
By david on 10/10/06 08:50 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Purchased car new. Wholesale rep. so put over 100,000 miles first 1 1/2 yrs. Afterwards as an artist traveling doing art show, pulling large trailer with total van weight(4300 lbs.) and trailer totalled 9300 to 9800 pounds, the Previa pulled it up the mountains of W. Virginia, Wyoming and the 8% grades ot Lake Tahoe, Ca. Now it has 473,000 miles with absolutely no engine work done except water pump, and starter. Van still does not use oil. This is a fantastic car for reliability.

Lov my Prev
By sabdulrafi on 03/30/05 20:01 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

I love my Previa and am really distressed about having to get a new car. In 13 years the only trouble I had was due to an additional alarm system, put on by an independent company. I like feeling as though I am driving a car, even though without the seats my van is huge. I have moved my entire household save the fridge. It also slept five when we camped in it on a trip. I have bought new brakes twice while I had been accustomed to yearly visits in the past. I'm not sure if we were just blessed with our van or if the model is wonderful. Anyway my family has grown and it would be ecologically wasteful for me to continue in it. So it's goodbye Previa hello again Corolla.

Excellent Machine
By Will Hodg on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Bought a 93 Previa LE in 1996 with 40K. I put over 200K on it in 8 years. Always was a dependable vehicle and I worked it pretty hard - carried heavy equipment durnig the week and Boy Scouts on weekends. She still runs good but had a mishap and have had to retire it. Just replaced with a 1992 Previa with only 105K, which speaks to my confidence in this fine Toyota product.

Toyota Previa Review
By Haney on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

I have driven my Previa 192,000 miles in reliable comfort. This is a terrific vehicle ... too bad it isn't still being produced. I would buy another in a heartbeat. The Sienna is too low and "station wagon" like, and the Sequoia is a bus.