1992 Toyota Previa Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
The Matriarch
By otterkin on 11/15/13 06:51 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

This is a fantastic van. My family bought the car used in 1995, and I inherited it as my first car after high school. It took us cross-country 3 times and up and down both coasts. Unfortunately, it just blew a head gasket at over 300,000 miles. I don't have the money to rebuild the engine, so this Previa's days are done. :-( The Previa always had some electrical problems with the interior lights and the moonroof, but those were minor. Other then a repair bill of 3,000 in 2003 I believe, it's been low-maintenance. Truly a spectacular car.

excellent vehicle
By mike pizziferro on 03/04/10 09:03 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Probably the most reliable vehicle ever made by Toyota. Had this car for 8+ years never a problem or complaint just routine maintenance. 170,000 miles and going strong.

Great mileage
By Dick Kimple on 02/05/10 09:40 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Bought this Previa new 19 years ago. We have a second home at 9500' in Colorado and loaded it many times for the trip to the mountains. Great mileage, grate vehicle. I have taken it in to trade 3 times and the dealers don't know what they are missing. My family will park it over my grave and plant flowers in it. My son is expecting our 1st grand child and he wants it. He lives in Ft. Collins and it will make a great Colorado car. Only has 180,000 miles.

310,000 miles and still reliable!
By WBR on 03/07/09 12:23 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

An amazing Minivan. At over 310K, we have had only one major fix. Around 180K we had to replace the front driveshaft for a little more than $2,000. Everything else has been wear and tear: brakes, lights, lights in dash, turn signal, springs in door locks, radio, bearings in sliding door, gas shocks on the back hatch, recharging the A/C. We have gone on numerous long, long trips. It's always reliable and safe. Great visibility, drives like a nimble car and the all wheel drive has taken 6-7 skiing many times. When the ice and snow hits, we always make it to work. I bought it used after reading a Consumer Reports eval on used vans. The Previa was rated number 1. I can vouch for that now.

350,000 and just needed work
By mama1948 on 08/01/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought the Previa because all four boys could sit in the car comfortably. Nobody's head touched the ceiling in the back. There were shoulder seat belts for three in back. The seats would fold down so the boys could nap comfortably. Its tough for a 6 foot teen ager to be comfortable sleeping sitting up. The seats folded together to make a bed. There was plenty of hauling space. I was comfortable while driving. The car was up high enough to see over most cars. I have never had any trouble driving in ice and snow. We've driven from Olympia, WA to Pasadena to watch the Huskies play in the Rose Bowl every year they played. Drove down to visit family in San Diego and Phoenix a bunch, too.

Can't beat it, my trusty friend
By none on 06/10/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Bought this from 1st owner in 2003 with 125K miles on it. Previous owner had a 10 year/100K mile warranty on it, took it in for every hiccup, kept meticulous records on it. I instantly fell in love with it. I didn't know that it typically needs a new front differential (I have an LE AllTrac) at 130K miles. That was $2400 at the dealer to repair. Oh well, my only repair so far. This van has taken 24k miles per year with next to no problems, except brakes. They seem to wear out fast. I get fantastic gas mileage. My kids can beat it up & I don't worry. This is the true workhorse van, SUV, truck combined, and I will never part with it. I want to be buried in my Previa. LOVE YOU BABY!

"Money in the Bank"
By Big Mac on 05/01/08 23:06 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Our family purchased the 92 Previa Le, 16 yrs ago. No more hauling kids around, they all have drivers licenses. Tires, brakes, starter, battery, shocks, one of the rear a/c blowers quit, repaired it, one minor oil leak, repaired it, in 16 yrs. We have 199000 original owner miles on it. Original muffler, catalytic converter, the interior still looks brand new, garaged it, the ride is still a sweet ride! The more we hold on to this jewel, 20 mpg, seats 7 people, low cost insurance, it's like having "Money in the Bank!"

Still driving it
By RPDQ on 09/07/07 08:49 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Vehicle only required minor wear and tear maintenance over the years. The air conditioner went out 3 years ago. Just replaced the catalytic converter and the exhaust past that point. Very reliable even in cold regions. Still get 21 MPG city/hwy avg.

Previa rules
By Mike on 06/28/07 13:07 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

I have owned the vehicle for 12 years. I get an honest 27 mpg on trips, (I don't keep track around town). I have had no problem with the van at all. Very low maintenance needed/given.

Solid Workhorse
By bem on 04/10/07 21:52 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I recently bought this car w/ 130,000 mi from my parents who were the original owners and took good care of it. Our first job for it was to pack it to the ceiling with our three kids and most of our belongings and use it to move from California to Maryland. It was very heavily loaded, the suspension was bottomed out for most of the trip, but we drove essentially nonstop for 4 days, at 75+mph, with absolutely no problems, and got 25 mpg to boot!