Used 1992 Toyota Previa LE Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Previa

View reviews for a specific Previa model:

The Matriarch
By otterkin

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

This is a fantastic van. My family bought the car used in 1995, and I inherited it as my first car after high school. It took us cross-country 3 times and up and down both coasts. Unfortunately, it just blew a head gasket at over 300,000 miles. I don't have the money to rebuild the engine, so this Previa's days are done. :-(
The Previa always had some electrical problems with the interior lights and the moonroof, but those were minor. Other then a repair bill of 3,000 in 2003 I believe, it's been low-maintenance. Truly a spectacular car.

Cargo capacity, reliable road-trip car, tight turning radius, handles well in rain, can get good mpg if you drive 55mph on the freeways.

Gets stuck in anything (wet grass), poor mpg in city and in regular freeway use.

excellent vehicle
By mike pizziferro

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Probably the most reliable vehicle ever made by Toyota. Had this car for 8+ years never a problem or complaint just routine maintenance. 170,000 miles and going strong.

Reliable as hell!

Great mileage
By Dick Kimple

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Bought this Previa new 19 years ago. We have a second home at 9500' in Colorado and loaded it many times for the trip to the mountains. Great mileage, grate vehicle. I have taken it in to trade 3 times and the dealers don't know what they are missing. My family will park it over my grave and plant flowers in it. My son is expecting our 1st grand child and he wants it. He lives in Ft. Collins and it will make a great Colorado car. Only has 180,000 miles.

Mileage, room, space age look are my favorite features. Also love the way the 3rd row seats swing easily out of the way. Will carry a full size sofa. Room for a casket, I'm a funeral director. Can accommodate 6 pall bearers and a driver.

Could handle wind and dips better. Heater and defrost could be improved. Sliding door lock sticks sometimes.

"Money in the Bank"
By Big Mac

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Our family purchased the 92 Previa Le, 16 yrs ago. No more hauling kids around, they all have drivers licenses. Tires, brakes, starter, battery, shocks, one of the rear a/c blowers quit, repaired it, one minor oil leak, repaired it, in 16 yrs. We have 199000 original owner miles on it. Original muffler, catalytic converter, the interior still looks brand new, garaged it, the ride is still a sweet ride! The more we hold on to this jewel, 20 mpg, seats 7 people, low cost insurance, it's like having "Money in the Bank!"

Still drives like a brand new car! Cup holders, captains chairs, privacy glass, last row seats fold up and out of the way for storage, rear wheel drive (for towing!), 20 mpg,Toyota craftsmanship, Toyota reliablity.

Previa rules
By Mike

1992 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

I have owned the vehicle for 12 years. I get an honest 27 mpg on trips, (I don't keep track around town). I have had no problem with the van at all. Very low maintenance needed/given.

It will haul 4'x8' sheets of plywood, etc.

Its headlights do not shine as bright as they should. More/better cup holders.