Used 1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:

Long Lasting
By Blair

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

we purchased our EG new in 91,the first yr it came out. We put 285,000 miles on it in 12 yrs. Inly shanged the timing belt. Never changed or added transmission fluid. Ran like a charm until someone rear ended and totalled us. The best vehicle we have owned. Just purchased a 93 Previa (in 2005) with 50k miles on it. Looks and smells brand new. Hope to have it another 12 yrs.

BRING BACK THE PREVIA, PLEASE!!!
By iloveprevia

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

My famiy and I bought this 91 previa at 167,000mi. It is now pushing 250,000, and has had nothing wrong with it, other than the usual wear and tear. I brag to all my SUV owner friends at the great gas mileage I get on long trips. It's great at pulling too!!! The mid-engine design gives it superb balance. We've painted it twice and is now bright orange!! Got a 99 CR-V and went on a 10 hr trip with it, and it had engine trouble, kicked myself for even doubting my van. I would never ever travel with anything else inspite of the high miles. I would trust my family to this vehicle any time!! Have been offered money for it, but I will drive it until I die!

Favorite Features

Quad seating provides super comfort. Easy truck capacity once rear seats are raised. Leg rest room for front passenger side on top of glove compartment. I love everything about this van! Whoever decided to stop making it must reconsider. Will buy newer previa before I buy any other brand new van!

Suggested Improvements

NOTHING!!!! Leave it just like it is, and make more, I love its ageless design! I'd like to see 2005 Toyota Previas out, and that's all I'll ever buy!

Reliability Plus
By J.S.Korkmat

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

Bought as program van at 29,000 and now has 198,000. Have had no mechanical problems yet. Just brakes, tires, and a master cylinder. Change oil & fluids religiously at proper times and it just keeps going. I am looking for a newer one and am keeping this one. Door hardware and radio are weak spots, and the seats are not what they could be for long trips, but this car outperforms any Bronco or Cherokee I have had in the snow, and it takes a beating and just keeps running. I maintain my cars for major mechanical failure prevention, but I use them HARD, and this one is the best by far!

Favorite Features

Reliability, utility of inside seat arrangements, towing capacity, mileage (20mpg)

Suggested Improvements

Radio, door hardware, seat comfort

family hauler in style
By jslstoy

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

we've gone from nj to florida a few times now and all over with the entire family(grandparents included) every body loves our previa.

Favorite Features

lots of room!!!! there's not a van on the market...new or used one that is more able to carry people in comfort and goes on long trips very well

Suggested Improvements

wish they never stopped making it.. mine is all decked out with every option they ever made for it. (i work for a toyota dealer!!)

Awesome Van
By Jacksonwa

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

This van is the best trouble free car I have ever owned. You will not find salvage parts for these cars. The stereo will go out eventually but who wants cassette player anymore. If you find one, buy it, great for large family. I have the 4 captains chairs and prefer that for comfort.

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, 25 m.p.g.

Suggested Improvements

better stereo tuner.