Used 1991 Toyota Previa Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:

It's been a workhorse
By bigbilllove

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

This old fellow has over 300,000 miles and is just starting to show its age BUT it's still drivable and looks very modern. I had to replace the drive shaft that runs the various belts at about 200,000 and some of the door hardware has come loose. The radio and cassette deck were a little weak. There is no reason to expect less than 250,000 miles on the '91 Previa. This is a great vehicle. AND it's been paid for for well over 10 years!

Very modern look, roomy and can haul a big load. Easy to get in and out. May last forever.

Door and body hardware is weak. Adding oil requires tilting driver's seat and opening floor panel.

I'll keep it forever!
By The Barber Family

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Have owned this Previa since day 1 and love it. Have no fear of taking on long trips. Used as a work horse when remodeling our home. Carried bricks, appliances, lumber with no trouble. Would not think of parting with it. Don't use it much anymore since I got my Prius but it starts every time I use it. Regular oil changes and general maintenance keep it running great.

Love the overall shape and interior layout. My brother called it a 'jelly bean'! Ability to take on any task you ask of it.

Could use better cup holders. Who knew in 1991 cup holders would be the rage!

Quality
By toyguy

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

We bought this van w/200,000 mi on it and full records. I mean all records (it seems) since new. After paging through pages and pages of oil change recipts dealer service records, etc., it apears this van has had hardly anything go wrong... amazing! We have enjoyed the same. Nothing but gas and oil changes and it now has 219,000 mi and running great. This van could have a little more power and get better gas mileage (20 mpg) but other than that this thing is bullet proof.

Reliability, styling, awd, convenience, space.

Non sc version a little under powered, gas mileage, stereo, nothing else, awesome vehicle.

APs Review
By Reliable

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

The car is very comfortable, reliable, but infrequent repairs are expensive. We bought it when mileage was just under 100,000 and have put an additional 170,000 on the car.

The Toyota Previa is the Minivan.......
By Joe

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I purchased my Previa at 90,000 miles and now has 161000, which is nothing for a Toyota. I change my motor oil, tranny fluid, tuneups, just regular maint. This van is incredible. Gas mileage is great. I will NEVER sell it, IThe Previa is lighter, faster and better gas mileage than other vehicles I've owned. My Previa is still #1. Toyota was crazy to discontinue it. Bring it back, the Sienna doesn't come close. In the snow, with good snow tires no problems, it handles great.

The rear passenger A/C located just behind me, above my head easy to reach. The double sun roofs, rear folding seats and RELIABLE.

Better interior lighting for the rear and again bring the Previa back and let the people decide! All the other vans are generic.