1991 Toyota Previa Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
My Dream Car/Van
By MTrudell on 03/11/10 11:12 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I remember seeing these when they first came out and thought I gotta get one of those, Well 17 years of marriage and many minivans later I came across this one for sale and had to have it. I have driven from NC to NY to Utah and Back with this thing and it does not disappoint! My kids are growing up and moving out and I have Begun to sport tune it old school, Kragers and Fresh paint (my wife run a mailbox all the way down the passenger side, Never live that down) I actually get 27.5 MPG on long trips with 3 teens and 2 adults loaded. I really wish they would bring these back! I also will be buried in mine! Wish i had got my hands on one when i first got married!

It's been a workhorse
By bigbilllove on 06/10/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

This old fellow has over 300,000 miles and is just starting to show its age BUT it's still drivable and looks very modern. I had to replace the drive shaft that runs the various belts at about 200,000 and some of the door hardware has come loose. The radio and cassette deck were a little weak. There is no reason to expect less than 250,000 miles on the '91 Previa. This is a great vehicle. AND it's been paid for for well over 10 years!

I'll keep it forever!
By The Barber Family on 05/13/09 04:58 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Have owned this Previa since day 1 and love it. Have no fear of taking on long trips. Used as a work horse when remodeling our home. Carried bricks, appliances, lumber with no trouble. Would not think of parting with it. Don't use it much anymore since I got my Prius but it starts every time I use it. Regular oil changes and general maintenance keep it running great.

The Toyota Previa is the Minivan.......
By Joe on 09/04/05 00:41 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I purchased my Previa at 90,000 miles and now has 161000, which is nothing for a Toyota. I change my motor oil, tranny fluid, tuneups, just regular maint. This van is incredible. Gas mileage is great. I will NEVER sell it, IThe Previa is lighter, faster and better gas mileage than other vehicles I've owned. My Previa is still #1. Toyota was crazy to discontinue it. Bring it back, the Sienna doesn't come close. In the snow, with good snow tires no problems, it handles great.

Previa 1991
By rvg on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Very dependable. No engine/drive problems. Radio/AC not high standard. Seeing exterior rust. 4 cylinder has drawbacks but not noticable. Overall very reliable, but newer models have better conveniences.

Best Vehicle Ever Built
By Previa'd on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Bought this van at 90K. BLOWN AWAY by it's reliability and build quality. 135K and no one, but no one, is taking this van from me. Over my dead body.

1991 Toyota Previa
By TEHankin on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Has been a great car to own. It's been reliable and part of the family. It's getting rather old and therefore is probably going to be sold soon. We have really liked this car.

Money Well Spent
By XxSN00PxX on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Beautiful Mini-Van!!!Great for anything you could want it for,I have the super charged 2.4 and it lacks no power what so-ever.Reliability and design are a 10

210,000 miles and going strong!
By Vick Barker on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Toyota should have never dropped the Previa line in favor of the Sienna. The novel approach to seating configurations in the Previa make it stand out as a great American vehicle family. I'll have my '91 model until it won't run any longer. "Detroit be damned! American auto makers can't touch the dependability / engineering excellence of Toyota with a ten-foot pole!"

I Love My Previa!
By JBJ on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Minivan Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I have put 100,000 on this car since getting it used. It now has 167,000 miles and has given us no problems. So much more room for luggage than other vans. My husband has an MPV and there is no comparison. All the seats are comfortable. Only problem: this model is no longer available. I hate to part with mine.