1991 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
RIP good friend
By cc on 02/01/10 20:40 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

My previa was just totaled today. THis was the best car even owned, it took my kids to preschool up to college not to count the many vacations. I am very sad to say goodbye to such a good friend. The interior upholstery was still perfect today. Goodbye, and thank you for being there for us.

My previa will run forever...really!!!
By adam on 09/24/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Bought my previa with around 150k miles on it, it now has over 260k miles. Have never had a problem with it. Love the dual sun roofs, captain seats, and bulletproof engine. Drive it back and forth from Michigan to Pittsburgh on a semi-weekly basis, runs prefect every time. Toyota should start a "high-mileage-club" like Volvo used to have. Love how easy it is to work on... Which is nearly never, since these things just keep on running!

APs Review
By Reliable on 10/22/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

The car is very comfortable, reliable, but infrequent repairs are expensive. We bought it when mileage was just under 100,000 and have put an additional 170,000 on the car.

What a Wonderful Car
By Previa Fanatic on 04/06/05 20:44 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

My Previa is 15 yrs old this year and it still runs like a dream. This car has not had any major mechanical issues in the entire time I have owned it. The build quality, exterior and interior fit & finish are impressive. Although my vehicle does not have AWD, with a set of Blizzaks it performs just fine.

Long Lasting
By Blair on 03/10/05 20:23 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

we purchased our EG new in 91,the first yr it came out. We put 285,000 miles on it in 12 yrs. Inly shanged the timing belt. Never changed or added transmission fluid. Ran like a charm until someone rear ended and totalled us. The best vehicle we have owned. Just purchased a 93 Previa (in 2005) with 50k miles on it. Looks and smells brand new. Hope to have it another 12 yrs.

BRING BACK THE PREVIA, PLEASE!!!
By iloveprevia on 02/08/05 11:01 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

My famiy and I bought this 91 previa at 167,000mi. It is now pushing 250,000, and has had nothing wrong with it, other than the usual wear and tear. I brag to all my SUV owner friends at the great gas mileage I get on long trips. It's great at pulling too!!! The mid-engine design gives it superb balance. We've painted it twice and is now bright orange!! Got a 99 CR-V and went on a 10 hr trip with it, and it had engine trouble, kicked myself for even doubting my van. I would never ever travel with anything else inspite of the high miles. I would trust my family to this vehicle any time!! Have been offered money for it, but I will drive it until I die!

family hauler in style
By jslstoy on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

we've gone from nj to florida a few times now and all over with the entire family(grandparents included) every body loves our previa.

Awesome Van
By Jacksonwa on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

This van is the best trouble free car I have ever owned. You will not find salvage parts for these cars. The stereo will go out eventually but who wants cassette player anymore. If you find one, buy it, great for large family. I have the 4 captains chairs and prefer that for comfort.

One Great Hauling Machine.
By Previaman on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

No major problems, despite many long trips and grocery getting duty for many years, many long trips. Many complain about the lack of power, but hey it is a minivan not a sports car!! When is the last time you had 6 friends in your Toyota Celica, I donít think so. Great for road trips with up to 7 people, able to hang out together. It always comes along on the camping trips, a trusted part of our gear. Have it up to 160,000 miles now, still running great, thought of getting a new vehicle but cannot beat the practicality of it. Interior design has aged well. Start it up and you are gone, you will get there.

Great van.
By todlsnider on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

We purchased our '91 Previa with 124,000 miles on it. It now had 227,000 miles and is still going strong. We have had only one problem with the car; the drive-shaft that runs from the engine to the front of the van started making noise at about 125,000 miles, so we had it replaced. The Previa is an ncredibly reliable car.