Used 1991 Toyota Previa Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Previa

View reviews for a specific Previa model:

Lovelying driven for 17 years
By kathleen hibben

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

This has been a great 7 passenger van. Easy to get in and out, great views all around. We are second owners and have all records and orginal manuels. Moon roof and sun roof. Captain chairs in front and middle row (great to keep kiddo's apart). Large cargo area. Light blue in color. Has oil leak but no other problems runs like a champ. [non-permissible content removed]

My Dream Car/Van
By MTrudell

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I remember seeing these when they first came out and thought I gotta get one of those, Well 17 years of marriage and many minivans later I came across this one for sale and had to have it. I have driven from NC to NY to Utah and Back with this thing and it does not disappoint! My kids are growing up and moving out and I have Begun to sport tune it old school, Kragers and Fresh paint (my wife run a mailbox all the way down the passenger side, Never live that down) I actually get 27.5 MPG on long trips with 3 teens and 2 adults loaded. I really wish they would bring these back! I also will be buried in mine! Wish i had got my hands on one when i first got married!

Comfort, visibility, gas mileage, storage space, people space, and yes the space age look!

Nail down the drivers side floor mat! it slides up under the brake pedal when you get in, very upsetting! But I remedied it!

RIP good friend
By cc

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

My previa was just totaled today. THis was the best car even owned, it took my kids to preschool up to college not to count the many vacations. I am very sad to say goodbye to such a good friend. The interior upholstery was still perfect today. Goodbye, and thank you for being there for us.

fabric, design, room inside

My previa will run forever...really!!!
By adam

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Bought my previa with around 150k miles on it, it now has over 260k miles. Have never had a problem with it. Love the dual sun roofs, captain seats, and bulletproof engine. Drive it back and forth from Michigan to Pittsburgh on a semi-weekly basis, runs prefect every time. Toyota should start a "high-mileage-club" like Volvo used to have. Love how easy it is to work on... Which is nearly never, since these things just keep on running!

Captain seats, dual sunroofs, and bullet proof engine.

Super minivan
By rrt2360

1991 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I have owned several vehicles from Europeans, American, and Asian, this '91 Previa by far the most reliable. Hitting the 250,000+ miles and it still drives like new! Drove it everywhere, short and long distance in comfort. There's a lot of room inside for a minivan. I rank this Toyota tops in reliability, followed by Euros (Bmw, Saab, Volvo), and last American cars. Drove the Previa cross-country with absolutely no problems, and still gets 22mpg hwy! Amazing van!

Large interior room, engine mounted under the front seats, unique exterior shape.

Model has been discontinued in the US. Probably would have been brighter headlamps and better cabin/interior lighting.