1991 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Previa model:
My Dream Car/Van
By MTrudell on 03/11/10 11:12 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I remember seeing these when they first came out and thought I gotta get one of those, Well 17 years of marriage and many minivans later I came across this one for sale and had to have it. I have driven from NC to NY to Utah and Back with this thing and it does not disappoint! My kids are growing up and moving out and I have Begun to sport tune it old school, Kragers and Fresh paint (my wife run a mailbox all the way down the passenger side, Never live that down) I actually get 27.5 MPG on long trips with 3 teens and 2 adults loaded. I really wish they would bring these back! I also will be buried in mine! Wish i had got my hands on one when i first got married!

RIP good friend
By cc on 02/01/10 20:40 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

My previa was just totaled today. THis was the best car even owned, it took my kids to preschool up to college not to count the many vacations. I am very sad to say goodbye to such a good friend. The interior upholstery was still perfect today. Goodbye, and thank you for being there for us.

My previa will run forever...really!!!
By adam on 09/24/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

Bought my previa with around 150k miles on it, it now has over 260k miles. Have never had a problem with it. Love the dual sun roofs, captain seats, and bulletproof engine. Drive it back and forth from Michigan to Pittsburgh on a semi-weekly basis, runs prefect every time. Toyota should start a "high-mileage-club" like Volvo used to have. Love how easy it is to work on... Which is nearly never, since these things just keep on running!

Super minivan
By rrt2360 on 09/15/09 23:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa LE All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

I have owned several vehicles from Europeans, American, and Asian, this '91 Previa by far the most reliable. Hitting the 250,000+ miles and it still drives like new! Drove it everywhere, short and long distance in comfort. There's a lot of room inside for a minivan. I rank this Toyota tops in reliability, followed by Euros (Bmw, Saab, Volvo), and last American cars. Drove the Previa cross-country with absolutely no problems, and still gets 22mpg hwy! Amazing van!

It's been a workhorse
By bigbilllove on 06/10/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

This old fellow has over 300,000 miles and is just starting to show its age BUT it's still drivable and looks very modern. I had to replace the drive shaft that runs the various belts at about 200,000 and some of the door hardware has come loose. The radio and cassette deck were a little weak. There is no reason to expect less than 250,000 miles on the '91 Previa. This is a great vehicle. AND it's been paid for for well over 10 years!

I'll keep it forever!
By The Barber Family on 05/13/09 04:58 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Have owned this Previa since day 1 and love it. Have no fear of taking on long trips. Used as a work horse when remodeling our home. Carried bricks, appliances, lumber with no trouble. Would not think of parting with it. Don't use it much anymore since I got my Prius but it starts every time I use it. Regular oil changes and general maintenance keep it running great.

Quality
By toyguy on 04/13/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe All-Trac 3dr Minivan AWD

We bought this van w/200,000 mi on it and full records. I mean all records (it seems) since new. After paging through pages and pages of oil change recipts dealer service records, etc., it apears this van has had hardly anything go wrong... amazing! We have enjoyed the same. Nothing but gas and oil changes and it now has 219,000 mi and running great. This van could have a little more power and get better gas mileage (20 mpg) but other than that this thing is bullet proof.

APs Review
By Reliable on 10/22/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

The car is very comfortable, reliable, but infrequent repairs are expensive. We bought it when mileage was just under 100,000 and have put an additional 170,000 on the car.

The Toyota Previa is the Minivan.......
By Joe on 09/04/05 00:41 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I purchased my Previa at 90,000 miles and now has 161000, which is nothing for a Toyota. I change my motor oil, tranny fluid, tuneups, just regular maint. This van is incredible. Gas mileage is great. I will NEVER sell it, IThe Previa is lighter, faster and better gas mileage than other vehicles I've owned. My Previa is still #1. Toyota was crazy to discontinue it. Bring it back, the Sienna doesn't come close. In the snow, with good snow tires no problems, it handles great.

What a Wonderful Car
By Previa Fanatic on 04/06/05 20:44 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Previa LE 3dr Minivan

My Previa is 15 yrs old this year and it still runs like a dream. This car has not had any major mechanical issues in the entire time I have owned it. The build quality, exterior and interior fit & finish are impressive. Although my vehicle does not have AWD, with a set of Blizzaks it performs just fine.