1995 Toyota Pickup 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Reliable but basic

1995 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Reliable but basic
By Kratze on

1995 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned my 95 pickup for about 9 years and it just finally gave me the first expensive repair ever. Up till now, it's been ultra ultra reliable and has not cost much except for maintenance. But the interior plastics are starting to crack badly and the body is rusting a little in places. It has almost no amenities and the drive is average. I've put quite a bit of weight in the bed at times and it hauls it very nicely. Interior space is almost nil. Although I often wish it had more features, I've been very pleased with it. Though I have to admit mine wouldn't exactly be a bargain at this point given its present condition...

Favorite Features

It rarely breaks down!! It was reasonably zippy for many years. It is small enough to fit in any parking space. The gas mileage has been good for a truck.

Suggested Improvements

If I could go back in time, I'd have them improve the quality of the interior plastics (ex: the dashboard material). Beyond that, though, it's exactly what it was meant to be: a very, very basic small truck.