Used 1995 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

This truck is godly
By yoder man

1995 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My '95 yoder is bulletproof, I've only put a timing chain and wheel bearing in it. It has 100,000 miles and still going strong. I bought it and it was running awesome, then I tweaked it (cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, the timing is advance about 20 degrees) that is the best 4 cyl. That I have ever had, it has 31 in. tire and it pulls them like nothing, and it is the best off road vehicle, it goes anywhere that I want to take it, mud, snow, ice, no problem. It will move on, rite now it produces about 170 hp. Always run 94 octane gas in them or the valves clatter. But it is the best truck ever.

All of them, awesome engine stock or tweaked it is good, unbeatable tranny and transfer, people say the 4 cyl. is underpowered they haven't ridden in mine before. But all around is good.

Maybe a better sound system stock, mine is improved with 6x9 pioneers and 4in pioneers in the front, and a pioneer cd player, but sound doesn't matter that is easily put in as long as the drive line is bullet proof, which it is.

Reliable but basic
By Kratze

1995 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned my 95 pickup for about 9 years and it just finally gave me the first expensive repair ever. Up till now, it's been ultra ultra reliable and has not cost much except for maintenance. But the interior plastics are starting to crack badly and the body is rusting a little in places. It has almost no amenities and the drive is average. I've put quite a bit of weight in the bed at times and it hauls it very nicely. Interior space is almost nil. Although I often wish it had more features, I've been very pleased with it. Though I have to admit mine wouldn't exactly be a bargain at this point given its present condition...

It rarely breaks down!! It was reasonably zippy for many years. It is small enough to fit in any parking space. The gas mileage has been good for a truck.

If I could go back in time, I'd have them improve the quality of the interior plastics (ex: the dashboard material). Beyond that, though, it's exactly what it was meant to be: a very, very basic small truck.

Great lil truck
By adrienne

1995 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab SB

not the most comfortable bench seat, nor great driving comfort, but for reliability and knowing the truck will last A+. I have 130,000 and nothing major ever wrong. Trucks been in 5 accidents and still runs like a charm.

looks nice, reliable!! Lasts a long time

more leg room, better handling, better location of speakers (pointing at floor board is the pits)

I Love My Truck
By mary garrison

1995 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been an excellent
vehicle. My husband and I bought it to
replace a 1979 Toyota Tacoma (you can
see that we really needed a new one).
At the time, my husband was still
working and only used the truck on
weekends. In 1998 he retired because
of Parkinson's Disease. The truck only
has 44,692 actual miles on it. He
doesn't drive very much anymore. I do
most of the driving, and I have bad
knees a d need tgo get an automatic so
that it won't be hard on my knees.

Economical to drive, looks brand new inside, only a few nicks on outside. Still looks good.

Toyota 1995
By MikeToy95

1995 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Comfortable rugged little p/u.

Should move the 3rd tail light off the roof. It ruins the looks of the cab, they need to put it between the roof & the rear window, instead on the top of the roof.