Used 1995 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Love my 95 hate my 91
By bhoward

1995 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I first came across the Toyota Pickup line was in 2007 my Dad bought me a 1991 Toyota pickup with the extended cab 2wd it was baby blue on the outside and dark blue on the inside. It ran okay until the A/C and heater went out on it. Then it just started falling apart. The day I sold it was the happiest day of my life. Well in May of 2010 my Dad found a 1995 Toyota pickup and I was hesitant to get it because of the horrible experience I had with my last one. I did buy it though and I LOVE IT! It runs so much better than my 91. I had to replace the fuel pump but it was time for it. Its a great truck with great gas mileage. Uncomfortable on long trips but I mostly drive around town.

I've been driving Toyota's since I was 16 never had anything else and I would recommend the 1995 Toyota pickup to anyone. The back seat is small but my five year old fits back there fine. Car seats can fit back there as well.

The seats poor for long driving but other than that it's been a great truck and I look forward to many years of owning it and purchasing a new Toyota pickup when the time comes.

Awesome Truck NO Matter WHAT!!!!
By ramos

1995 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I use my truck for work everyday, I commute 33 miles to work and 33 back home and the occasional trip of about 250 miles so I would say annually I put 20,000 or so. Truck has procomp lift, and runs 33" tires. Truck runs great, with the occasional problem like lights, shocks, etc. Original engine ran until 280,000 and quit got new engine with 70,000 miles and runs like a champ, fun thing to drive on road and off road. Also good work truck has traveled to Mexico to haul car and misc. items weighing 400+ lbs. Lacks performance options for the V6 but is still good.

Just a fun truck to have.

more power to the v6 please

Great Truck
By David

1995 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I normally don't say I like my autos, but with my 95 2.4L Xtracab DX, I'd have to say I love it. It has metallic dark blue paint, and all I've ever had to do with it is regular maintenance: tires, belts, oil, muffler, and wiper blades, and after 15 years, it still runs great and feels solid. I've had two minor accidents where they had to do some body work, but they matched up the rear quarter panels & paint, no problems. If I could drive it 15 more years, I'd be happy.

Tilt wheel, and chairs, plus the rear windows swing out for fresh air in cooler weather--great on gas too.

I can't think of a thing, I've been very satisfied. I will definitely buy another Toyota.

Amazing little truck
By Greg Stevens

1995 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love this little truck. It has never left me stranded. I pull a 12 foot trailer for a business and load up the bed and it still does great. In the 1 1/2 years I have had it I have only had to routine maintenance. Oil changes, change belts. I get in the lower 20's in Gas mileage on the freeway and about 15 when towing. It is a great highway cruiser. I can cruise at 95 and it's as smooth as can be. It's such a blessing to have a reliable vehicle.

The extended cab is very convenient for putting my tools, backpack etc.

The extended cab is not really to useful for carrying people it's real tight. But it's great for hauling my stuff.

Solid Toyota Reliability
By RedFoxZ

1995 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great Toyota truck. Smooth
drivetrain, good torque/power from V6
engine. Had to change the clutch at
around 50000 miles, it was wearing
down and stuttering. But now its as
smooth as ever. Great for hauling
around college kid's stuff and for
trees for the garden!
Note: Electrical wiring probs have
ocurred and the car jolts when
electricity is used (brake lights,
signals) Toyota cannot fix this, so
keep this in mind. Disconnecting the
battery for a few minutes then
reconnecting fixes problem for 100-200
miles.

Smooth drivetrain, excellent clutch feel, great speakers! Very comfortable, not as comfortable in the back seats.

Truck engine gas mileage (low 20s), electrical problem mentioned above.