1995 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Love my 95 hate my 91
By bhoward on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I first came across the Toyota Pickup line was in 2007 my Dad bought me a 1991 Toyota pickup with the extended cab 2wd it was baby blue on the outside and dark blue on the inside. It ran okay until the A/C and heater went out on it. Then it just started falling apart. The day I sold it was the happiest day of my life. Well in May of 2010 my Dad found a 1995 Toyota pickup and I was hesitant to get it because of the horrible experience I had with my last one. I did buy it though and I LOVE IT! It runs so much better than my 91. I had to replace the fuel pump but it was time for it. Its a great truck with great gas mileage. Uncomfortable on long trips but I mostly drive around town.

Awesome Truck NO Matter WHAT!!!!
By ramos on 09/06/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I use my truck for work everyday, I commute 33 miles to work and 33 back home and the occasional trip of about 250 miles so I would say annually I put 20,000 or so. Truck has procomp lift, and runs 33" tires. Truck runs great, with the occasional problem like lights, shocks, etc. Original engine ran until 280,000 and quit got new engine with 70,000 miles and runs like a champ, fun thing to drive on road and off road. Also good work truck has traveled to Mexico to haul car and misc. items weighing 400+ lbs. Lacks performance options for the V6 but is still good.

Great Truck
By David on 08/09/09 14:31 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I normally don't say I like my autos, but with my 95 2.4L Xtracab DX, I'd have to say I love it. It has metallic dark blue paint, and all I've ever had to do with it is regular maintenance: tires, belts, oil, muffler, and wiper blades, and after 15 years, it still runs great and feels solid. I've had two minor accidents where they had to do some body work, but they matched up the rear quarter panels & paint, no problems. If I could drive it 15 more years, I'd be happy.

This truck is godly
By yoder man on 01/12/09 18:14 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My '95 yoder is bulletproof, I've only put a timing chain and wheel bearing in it. It has 100,000 miles and still going strong. I bought it and it was running awesome, then I tweaked it (cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, the timing is advance about 20 degrees) that is the best 4 cyl. That I have ever had, it has 31 in. tire and it pulls them like nothing, and it is the best off road vehicle, it goes anywhere that I want to take it, mud, snow, ice, no problem. It will move on, rite now it produces about 170 hp. Always run 94 octane gas in them or the valves clatter. But it is the best truck ever.

Reliable but basic
By Kratze on 03/14/06 16:31 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned my 95 pickup for about 9 years and it just finally gave me the first expensive repair ever. Up till now, it's been ultra ultra reliable and has not cost much except for maintenance. But the interior plastics are starting to crack badly and the body is rusting a little in places. It has almost no amenities and the drive is average. I've put quite a bit of weight in the bed at times and it hauls it very nicely. Interior space is almost nil. Although I often wish it had more features, I've been very pleased with it. Though I have to admit mine wouldn't exactly be a bargain at this point given its present condition...

Great lil truck
By adrienne on 11/03/05 02:46 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab SB

not the most comfortable bench seat, nor great driving comfort, but for reliability and knowing the truck will last A+. I have 130,000 and nothing major ever wrong. Trucks been in 5 accidents and still runs like a charm.

Amazing little truck
By Greg Stevens on 03/25/05 16:16 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love this little truck. It has never left me stranded. I pull a 12 foot trailer for a business and load up the bed and it still does great. In the 1 1/2 years I have had it I have only had to routine maintenance. Oil changes, change belts. I get in the lower 20's in Gas mileage on the freeway and about 15 when towing. It is a great highway cruiser. I can cruise at 95 and it's as smooth as can be. It's such a blessing to have a reliable vehicle.

I Love My Truck
By mary garrison on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been an excellent vehicle. My husband and I bought it to replace a 1979 Toyota Tacoma (you can see that we really needed a new one). At the time, my husband was still working and only used the truck on weekends. In 1998 he retired because of Parkinson's Disease. The truck only has 44,692 actual miles on it. He doesn't drive very much anymore. I do most of the driving, and I have bad knees a d need tgo get an automatic so that it won't be hard on my knees.

Solid Toyota Reliability
By RedFoxZ on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Pickup SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great Toyota truck. Smooth drivetrain, good torque/power from V6 engine. Had to change the clutch at around 50000 miles, it was wearing down and stuttering. But now its as smooth as ever. Great for hauling around college kid's stuff and for trees for the garden! Note: Electrical wiring probs have ocurred and the car jolts when electricity is used (brake lights, signals) Toyota cannot fix this, so keep this in mind. Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnecting fixes problem for 100-200 miles.

great pick-up
By moonshiner on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This has been a great truck. Have 140000+ miles on it and only normal maintainance done.I have been thinking about semi-retiring it and get a car to take some wear and tear off it, but it still is going strong. Original clutch, starter, alternator. Great engine (22-RE), probably the best 4- cyl. out there, but in the 4WD, a bit underpowered. Not a problem though.