Used 1995 Toyota Pickup Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Love my 95 hate my 91
By bhoward

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I first came across the Toyota Pickup line was in 2007 my Dad bought me a 1991 Toyota pickup with the extended cab 2wd it was baby blue on the outside and dark blue on the inside. It ran okay until the A/C and heater went out on it. Then it just started falling apart. The day I sold it was the happiest day of my life. Well in May of 2010 my Dad found a 1995 Toyota pickup and I was hesitant to get it because of the horrible experience I had with my last one. I did buy it though and I LOVE IT! It runs so much better than my 91. I had to replace the fuel pump but it was time for it. Its a great truck with great gas mileage. Uncomfortable on long trips but I mostly drive around town.

I've been driving Toyota's since I was 16 never had anything else and I would recommend the 1995 Toyota pickup to anyone. The back seat is small but my five year old fits back there fine. Car seats can fit back there as well.

The seats poor for long driving but other than that it's been a great truck and I look forward to many years of owning it and purchasing a new Toyota pickup when the time comes.

Awesome Truck NO Matter WHAT!!!!
By ramos

1995 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I use my truck for work everyday, I commute 33 miles to work and 33 back home and the occasional trip of about 250 miles so I would say annually I put 20,000 or so. Truck has procomp lift, and runs 33" tires. Truck runs great, with the occasional problem like lights, shocks, etc. Original engine ran until 280,000 and quit got new engine with 70,000 miles and runs like a champ, fun thing to drive on road and off road. Also good work truck has traveled to Mexico to haul car and misc. items weighing 400+ lbs. Lacks performance options for the V6 but is still good.

Just a fun truck to have.

more power to the v6 please

Great Truck
By David

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I normally don't say I like my autos, but with my 95 2.4L Xtracab DX, I'd have to say I love it. It has metallic dark blue paint, and all I've ever had to do with it is regular maintenance: tires, belts, oil, muffler, and wiper blades, and after 15 years, it still runs great and feels solid. I've had two minor accidents where they had to do some body work, but they matched up the rear quarter panels & paint, no problems. If I could drive it 15 more years, I'd be happy.

Tilt wheel, and chairs, plus the rear windows swing out for fresh air in cooler weather--great on gas too.

I can't think of a thing, I've been very satisfied. I will definitely buy another Toyota.

This truck is godly
By yoder man

1995 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My '95 yoder is bulletproof, I've only put a timing chain and wheel bearing in it. It has 100,000 miles and still going strong. I bought it and it was running awesome, then I tweaked it (cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, the timing is advance about 20 degrees) that is the best 4 cyl. That I have ever had, it has 31 in. tire and it pulls them like nothing, and it is the best off road vehicle, it goes anywhere that I want to take it, mud, snow, ice, no problem. It will move on, rite now it produces about 170 hp. Always run 94 octane gas in them or the valves clatter. But it is the best truck ever.

All of them, awesome engine stock or tweaked it is good, unbeatable tranny and transfer, people say the 4 cyl. is underpowered they haven't ridden in mine before. But all around is good.

Maybe a better sound system stock, mine is improved with 6x9 pioneers and 4in pioneers in the front, and a pioneer cd player, but sound doesn't matter that is easily put in as long as the drive line is bullet proof, which it is.

Reliable but basic
By Kratze

1995 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned my 95 pickup for about 9 years and it just finally gave me the first expensive repair ever. Up till now, it's been ultra ultra reliable and has not cost much except for maintenance. But the interior plastics are starting to crack badly and the body is rusting a little in places. It has almost no amenities and the drive is average. I've put quite a bit of weight in the bed at times and it hauls it very nicely. Interior space is almost nil. Although I often wish it had more features, I've been very pleased with it. Though I have to admit mine wouldn't exactly be a bargain at this point given its present condition...

It rarely breaks down!! It was reasonably zippy for many years. It is small enough to fit in any parking space. The gas mileage has been good for a truck.

If I could go back in time, I'd have them improve the quality of the interior plastics (ex: the dashboard material). Beyond that, though, it's exactly what it was meant to be: a very, very basic small truck.