One Tough Truck
By incker on
1994 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
I am one of the few people who truly uses 4WD on a regular and necessary basis. This tough little Toyota (3.0L V6 w/ manual trans/manual hubs) will outperform anything I have owned, and is apparently due to a good balance of wheelbase, weight, and tires. Low end torque is impressive. I've not put any $$ into this vehicle (98K miles) other than routine maintenance. Timing belt was replaced at 66K miles when recall replaced the head gasket. Toyota paid for the belt labor and I had to only pay for the belt itself. Would I buy another?... in a heartbeat!
Favorite Features
A V-6 engine that pulls like a diesel. This vehicle in 4WD, low range, will crawl anywhere. At 75 MPH on the highway, it tracks for miles without corrective steering... and has NEVER been aligned!! No rattles ever. A relatively comfortable long range cruiser.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is my singular and sole complaint. I record every tank, and average 23.1 on the highway, and 18.3 in combination driving. An interior remote release for the gas tank door would be nice in lieu of the key entry.