1994 Toyota Pickup Consumer Review: Gem of a Truck

1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Review

DX Extended Cab Pickup (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Gem of a Truck
By Janssec on

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I researched for months before making my purchase and Toyota came out ahead. Only two manufacturers offered forward facing rear seats with three point shoulder belts. I never understood how manufacturers could advertise the importance of the feature in cars, then ignore them in trucks. The second issue was reliability. Only Nissan had a reputation that approached Toyota. The pick up is unbelievably dependable. In seven years I have had one repair, and it was covered under warranty. The third issue for me was fuel economy. It has consistently exceeded the manufacturers estimated fuel economy. I can't say enough about the 22R engine. Great economy and decent power at the same time.

Favorite Features

The split bench with the pull out armrest has been a pleasure. When with my boys, we all comfortably fit in the front. When taking longer trips the armrest comes down and I can spread out in comfort. The cruise control being at your finger tips on the steering wheel has also been great.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder location on the dash is poor. When in use it blocks the temperature controls, and when, not if, you accidently spill a drink, the natural flow of the liquid is down through the temperature controls and across the radio.