Bring this truck back!
By JB on
1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
I love this truck. I am the org owner used it for both daily commute and work around the home. The Toyota shop manuals I purchased with the vehicle are by far the best manuals ever written with clear diagnostic steps and drawings. The 4 cyl engine is a real work horse. To date (130K) it always starts, gets 18 mpg around town, doesn't leak oil, and is able to push the attached snow plow in deep wet snow. The light weight body makes 4 wheel driving easy, even with stock suspension and tires! This vehicle has out climbed my buddies souped up 4x4s, able to go up steep inclines, or through deep mud with ease. It's so tough, I think it will outlive me!
Favorite Features
Favorite items; engine and drivetrain, Toyota's engineering to make maintenance easy. Toyota commitment for safety, (I got a recall notice in 2007!, all covered at no charge!) My great experience with this vehicle shifted me back to Toyota after 2 disappointing vehicles from H***A.
Suggested Improvements
Bring back this vehicle! It was by far the most practical design of a small work truck. I wanted to replace this in 2004 with a Tacoma, but unfortunately the redesign turned out too plushy, too automatic, and too big of crew cab; (sacrificing cargo area, need jump seat option).
By jactos
on 05/19/11 09:43 AM (PDT)

i wish they would bring it back. my dad bought mine brand new and then my brother had it and now i have it. its got 300k miles and still runs strong. and i have another with about the same that just wont quit. if they brought the exact truck back i would by another one Right now.