1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Great Truck
By Ken12344321 on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Dependable truck. I've never had any problems with it (although I don't have many miles on it... only 60K). This is the 2nd Toyota Truck I've owned and my next one will likely be a Tundra.

good
By dsc on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Timing chain went at 137,000 miles. $700 to fix. Ran well till 246.000 miles. $1550 to replace motor with rebuilt and still going strong. Would buy another in a heart beat if the kids were still small, but after 8 years it's getting hard for them to ride in the back. Would still have the original motor in it but head gasket, timing chain replace would have been the same price. great little truck.

Gem of a Truck
By Janssec on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I researched for months before making my purchase and Toyota came out ahead. Only two manufacturers offered forward facing rear seats with three point shoulder belts. I never understood how manufacturers could advertise the importance of the feature in cars, then ignore them in trucks. The second issue was reliability. Only Nissan had a reputation that approached Toyota. The pick up is unbelievably dependable. In seven years I have had one repair, and it was covered under warranty. The third issue for me was fuel economy. It has consistently exceeded the manufacturers estimated fuel economy. I can't say enough about the 22R engine. Great economy and decent power at the same time.

Dependable vehicle
By MITOY on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been very dependable. It has over 164,000 miles on it. The only thing that has needed to be replaced are the front brakes. The body has a couple of very small spots of rust. It has been a great vehicle.

perfect
By bgkid on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab SB

for a college kid, couldn't ask for more. would drive to california without thinking twice. capable of moving furnature or whatever. little slow with the hp, but i would never second guess the engine. my dad bought it new, and we have never had a problem with it. Still runs and looks awsome.

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned
By Tonyride on 03/14/02 13:44 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck brand new with only 5 miles on the odometer. Now it has over 220,000 miles and it's still going strong with zero unexpected repairs. Meaning other than the usual routine maintenance service work, nothing went wrong. It has so many original equipment on it that it just boggles the mind. I talking it still has the original clutch for pete's sake.

'94 was a great year!
By kendall on 02/09/02 22:37 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the 94 pickup new, and at 90K miles, it still looks and runs like it just came from the showroom. Never had a problem with this truck. This was the final model series just before Toyota switched to the Tacoma pickup. I expect this truck to still be going strong 200,000 miles from now!