Used 1994 Toyota Pickup Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

3 Engines, 118,000 miles
By Ned

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck after it had a new engine put in it at 112,000. I assumed that it would would be reliable, Wrong! I had to get a brand new $4,000 engine! After spending $4250 on the truck in the first place. This truck is very slow, you have to push the engine every time you accelerate from a stop light just to keep up with traffic!

Off-road capabilities, ground clearance, the exterior looks (mine has a small amount rust for its vintage). Power steering and brakes. Large load capacity, simple controls, good heater, Engine is easy to work on.

Come on Toyota, put in a engine that can actually haul the heavy truck! Since the engine is soo small, you actually get worse gas mileage because the engine has to work so hard. Forget about accelerating in 4WD.

Tired of paying at the pump
By 1943

1994 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck because I will be moving some 70 miles away and have a lot of shop tools to move. Read that as many, many trips back and forth. I spent three and a half weeks searching for a well maintained Toyota basic truck. I was about to give up when I spotted an ad for this one. It's showing 186000 miles but it does not leak or burn oil. The A/C blows ice cold. The suspension is tight as is the steering. It gets excellent gas mileage. After driving it for two weeks I'm begining to fall in love with my little red truck. I'm an old hot rodder and never dreamed I would enjoy such a tiny truck but it it does what it is supposed to do and does it well. I'm just sorry I didn't buy one sooner.

The A/C.

More leg room.

Starts First Try After 1 Month Storage
By 1994 Toyota Pickup

1994 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

Toyotas are known for their reliabillity, longevity, and value for the $$$. Can last 350,000 if you take care of them. Got mine used with 47,000 miles. Now has 102,000 miles, still running strong. No mechanical break downs of any kind. Started on first try after not being started for a month. My brother owned one for 10 years, and said he never had anything break on it. His experience is why I decided to buy one. Their reputation for reliability causes them to hold onto resale values. No vehicle is flawless. There's an annoying dash rattle. Sometimes it's difficult to get into reverse gear. Turning the wheels when stopped is heavy. Minor irritations as opposed to being broke down somewhere.

Reliable, high resale value, never fail starting, No leaks soiling my driveway, gas economy, ice cold air, fast acceleration, smooth gear shifting, responsive manuevering in tight traffic. Mechanically tight, dependable - no need to buy AAA roadside assistance.

No vehicle is flawless. This truck has an annoying dash rattle, like a screw came loose, and sometimes is difficult to get into reverse gear and turning the wheels from a stand still. Minor irritations as opposed to being broken down in nowhere to spending free time & $$$ fixing that week's breakdown

1994 Toyota Pickup
By David Weinz

1994 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased the truck new in 1994 for my daughter who was in high school. She drove it thru HS and college and then took it to Chicago for three years. It was returned to me after that time and my wife has driven it since then. It's been a very dependable vehicle - has never let us down. No major work done on the engine. Have it serviced regularly. Never need to add oil between services. Body has some dents and scratches but not too bad for a 12 year old truck. It does not have power steering so it takes awhile to get used to the steering. Great little truck!

Runs great.

None.

Solid and Dependable
By AuntsInPants

1994 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has served me very well for the past 6 years. I bought it from a friend in 2000, at that time it had 100k miles on it. I t now has 174k and it's still running great. The oil gets changed every 3k or so and I have had no major issues in that period of time. It gets about 15-18mi per gallon which is kind of a drag, but it also is a great off-road vehicle with a nice suspension and drive train for rocky terrain. I would however give this truck poor ratings for power; 4th and 5th gears are not really made for long hills. And towing anything heavy is not so recommended. The automatic version does not have this fault. Other than that this vehicle is very well built and fun to drive.

4WD, extra cab