1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
The Perfect Truck
By mytoyota on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I just bought a 94 Xtracab SR5 and I'm in love with it. I've taken it off road and it does just as well as my friend's '77 Blazer with 9 inches of lift on 40 inch tires. A very solid truck, I will drive it until it can't be driven any more.

toyota need to work on miles per gal!
By mac9 on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I got my truck In 1996 with 11,000 miles on here .she now has 128,000 but not without problems! at66.000 she some times starts and runs on 5 cyls for about 30 sec then smooths out she has been in the shop 3 times for this they cant find problem I think i\Its a fule injecter at 109,000 the auto trans went out $2,600 right after war ran out at 125,000 new front brakes $520 now shes got a rear main oil leak! but I still Injoy her very much good truck would do again!.ps bad gas miles 18-13

Toyota 4x2 4cyl. 22VR Engine
By Ray D. Teems on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Air conditioning has worked fine with no problems. No major components replaced. Routine maintenance has kept this care purring like a kitten. This little 4 cylinder engine has performed well.

what you see is what you get
By lilgreentoy on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab SB

Second owner, bought at 76k miles. Only work done is brakes, shocks, tires, battery, exhaust. Still has original clutch at 104K miles! Runs like new, still looks great (with salt every winter), interior still looks great.

Toyota's Energizer Bunny
By ToyotaGoyle on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is soooo reliable. I've gone through highschool and college with this truck. Never quits on me. It's funny to watch all of my friends have car or truck problems, which makes me realized that having a Toyota saved me a lot of money. My Toyota has 150K and they only thing I've had to do is oil changes and tire rotations.

Oil & Gas forever it will last
By Toy on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

It is a great truck.

One Tough Truck
By incker on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am one of the few people who truly uses 4WD on a regular and necessary basis. This tough little Toyota (3.0L V6 w/ manual trans/manual hubs) will outperform anything I have owned, and is apparently due to a good balance of wheelbase, weight, and tires. Low end torque is impressive. I've not put any $$ into this vehicle (98K miles) other than routine maintenance. Timing belt was replaced at 66K miles when recall replaced the head gasket. Toyota paid for the belt labor and I had to only pay for the belt itself. Would I buy another?... in a heartbeat!

Sold me on Toyota
By Toy-4-Ever on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Endless problems with Fords, bought this with 30k on it and am a Toyota convert. 220k miles - clutch @ 180k, front brakes every 60k, rear brakes ORIGINAL!, exhaust manifold warped @ 140k. I've spent less than $2,500 in repairs and $600 was my fault for letting the front brakes get into the rotors and hosed the calipers. Gas mileage depends on speed... 33@55, 18@80. Would like more power but the 22RE is adequate. Next truck will be Tundra

Best bargain around
By DennisB on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

Mine is a base model, 5 speed, no ac. Got it for $9000 new while in college. Still have it and it's about like it was when I first got it, 96000 miles ago. The timing chain went at 85000 miles, so I got that and a warped cylinder fixed for $500 at a local shop. The thermostat needed replaced a couple times in the early years, but that was cheap. That's all I've had done with it.

Wouldn't Trade if for the World
By Dan Thompson on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I obtained this vehicle during my 2nd year of college. I was excited when I got it, and haven't stopped loving it. The only bad thing about the vehicle is the gas mileage, but all the positives way outway the one or two negatives(head gasket went out, but was actually on recall, so it didn't cost me a dime). This has been a go anywhere, do anything type of vehicle that has never let me down. I will drive this vehicle till the motor goes out, then I will purchase another motor. Just can't say enough about this vehicle.