Used 1994 Toyota Pickup Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Best used truck ever!
By Lionsfoot

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had this truck for ten years now. Its been the best money I have ever spent. I purchased at 88000 miles. Extremely reliable and low maintenance. Good fuel economy and very nice handling for a truck. In the last decade I've replaced the starter and a battery thats it!

Favorite Features

The 2.4 litre 4 cyl. has an expected life of over 300,000. Just a downright tough truck where small pickups are concerned. Best in its class and age range by miles.

Suggested Improvements

The coil over suspention they put in the following years Tacoma was a nice improvement. Other than that, this truck is much better than the Tacoma. They seemed to get real cheap after 1994.

The best vehicle I've owned
By blondebrat

1994 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

My truck has been great! It had excellent gas mileage for a truck and very comfortable (especially driving from N LA to Pensacola about 4xs a yr). Only had to have minor work done, oil changes every 3k and it did great. Unfortunately it was involved in a accident with a 2008 GMC6000 recently. Crazy enough I was able to drive it home, where as the GMC was towed.

Favorite Features

Icy cold AC for the FL heat :)

Suggested Improvements

Great just the way it is!

Reliable and Dependable
By tkwdv

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck in Jan 97. It had 50k on it and I quickly found it was fun and dependable to drive in the snow. A few years later I put the biggest tires on it I could (30.5). What a change in the ride. This has been a great truck for me. It now has 132k and still runs great. I've had to replace the battery (like I didn't know that was going happen sooner or later) and the alternator. The only other thing I've had to replace was the U-joint. Mechanic said the de-icer put on the highways by WA state DOT is corrosive and caused the break down in the U-joint. Clutch feels like it is on its last leg, but I've been hard on it trying to pull stumps out and such. Overall, GREAT TRUCK!!!

Favorite Features

It's a truck!!

Suggested Improvements

Larger tires as a standard feature. Makes for a much smoother ride.

Ros Review
By Rodney

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned a 1990 Nissan 4x4 and now this one and the Toyota has the most power. I liked the interior of the Toy more to. I have found it easer to find 3rd party addons for the Toyota to. And there are more Toyotas in the wrecking yard to get parts off of then others.

Favorite Features

The extra storage is nice. The easy access to the valve train for adjustment.

Suggested Improvements

Get more oil to the front of the engines valve train because of the forward movement pushes the oil back to the rear causing the front to wear faster. More horsepower is always better.

best truck ever