1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
One Tough Truck
By incker on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am one of the few people who truly uses 4WD on a regular and necessary basis. This tough little Toyota (3.0L V6 w/ manual trans/manual hubs) will outperform anything I have owned, and is apparently due to a good balance of wheelbase, weight, and tires. Low end torque is impressive. I've not put any $$ into this vehicle (98K miles) other than routine maintenance. Timing belt was replaced at 66K miles when recall replaced the head gasket. Toyota paid for the belt labor and I had to only pay for the belt itself. Would I buy another?... in a heartbeat!

Sold me on Toyota
By Toy-4-Ever on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Endless problems with Fords, bought this with 30k on it and am a Toyota convert. 220k miles - clutch @ 180k, front brakes every 60k, rear brakes ORIGINAL!, exhaust manifold warped @ 140k. I've spent less than $2,500 in repairs and $600 was my fault for letting the front brakes get into the rotors and hosed the calipers. Gas mileage depends on speed... 33@55, 18@80. Would like more power but the 22RE is adequate. Next truck will be Tundra

Wouldn't Trade if for the World
By Dan Thompson on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I obtained this vehicle during my 2nd year of college. I was excited when I got it, and haven't stopped loving it. The only bad thing about the vehicle is the gas mileage, but all the positives way outway the one or two negatives(head gasket went out, but was actually on recall, so it didn't cost me a dime). This has been a go anywhere, do anything type of vehicle that has never let me down. I will drive this vehicle till the motor goes out, then I will purchase another motor. Just can't say enough about this vehicle.

Great Truck
By Ken12344321 on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Dependable truck. I've never had any problems with it (although I don't have many miles on it... only 60K). This is the 2nd Toyota Truck I've owned and my next one will likely be a Tundra.

good
By dsc on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Timing chain went at 137,000 miles. $700 to fix. Ran well till 246.000 miles. $1550 to replace motor with rebuilt and still going strong. Would buy another in a heart beat if the kids were still small, but after 8 years it's getting hard for them to ride in the back. Would still have the original motor in it but head gasket, timing chain replace would have been the same price. great little truck.

Gem of a Truck
By Janssec on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I researched for months before making my purchase and Toyota came out ahead. Only two manufacturers offered forward facing rear seats with three point shoulder belts. I never understood how manufacturers could advertise the importance of the feature in cars, then ignore them in trucks. The second issue was reliability. Only Nissan had a reputation that approached Toyota. The pick up is unbelievably dependable. In seven years I have had one repair, and it was covered under warranty. The third issue for me was fuel economy. It has consistently exceeded the manufacturers estimated fuel economy. I can't say enough about the 22R engine. Great economy and decent power at the same time.

Dependable vehicle
By MITOY on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been very dependable. It has over 164,000 miles on it. The only thing that has needed to be replaced are the front brakes. The body has a couple of very small spots of rust. It has been a great vehicle.

'94 was a great year!
By kendall on 02/09/02 22:37 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the 94 pickup new, and at 90K miles, it still looks and runs like it just came from the showroom. Never had a problem with this truck. This was the final model series just before Toyota switched to the Tacoma pickup. I expect this truck to still be going strong 200,000 miles from now!